• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Error Visual basic Crash at start

GabrielMorgan

Landlubber
the game dont start just show error visual basic crash uploading the files of my game to see if anyone help me to make it work

Attachments

• error.log
    94 bytes · Views: 156
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 154
From "error.log":
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters.h; line: 46
define redefinition: PASSENGERS_MAX
That looks as though you have applied the current Extra Fix Archive to an outdated installation. It should only be used on a game installed using the May 2018 installer.

Re-install PoTC from CD. For the Build Mod, use only the files from here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:16th October 2020]

From "error.log":
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters.h; line: 46
define redefinition: PASSENGERS_MAX
That looks as though you have applied the current Extra Fix Archive to an outdated installation. It should only be used on a game installed using the May 2018 installer.

Re-install PoTC from CD. For the Build Mod, use only the files from here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:16th October 2020]

i install the first 2018 next the part 2 and next the latest patch is correct? but crash with visual basic abnormal state engine

You don't install part 2. The installer does that. If you then unzipped part 2 and copied it over, you overwrote a lot of newer files which the installer had put in place.

Reinstall from CD. Put part 2 (Contents Archive) in the same folder as part 1 (Installation Wizard). Do not unzip part 2 - the installer will do that. Run the installer.

You do unzip the update (post_25May_updates), then copy that into place.

You don't install part 2. The installer does that. If you then unzipped part 2 and copied it over, you overwrote a lot of newer files which the installer had put in place.

Reinstall from CD. Put part 2 (Contents Archive) in the same folder as part 1 (Installation Wizard). Do not unzip part 2 - the installer will do that. Run the installer.

You do unzip the update (post_25May_updates), then copy that into place.

now is working very well thanks... But i m spanish and i want a better translation of the game is there any 100% complete and better than the default?

The Spanish translation is a work in progress. Have a look here:
WIP - Spanish translation

If you want to help, have a look at the files in "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH" and "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH". Files which have already been translated are in "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\SPANISH" and "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\SPANISH".

In addition, storylines have their own dialog folders. For example, the default storyline "Tales of a Sea Hawk" is called "standard" in game code, so you'll find its dialog texts in "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS\ENGLISH". There is no "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS\SPANISH" folder because nobody has had time to translate those files, so that might be a good place for you to make a contribution. Simply create a "SPANISH" folder in "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS". Then pick one of the English files, translate it, and save it with the same name but into the "SPANISH" folder.

Back