• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Error

Foop my Car

Freebooter
So I decided to reinstall New Horizons but I get an error (I'm using 1.4 with the May 2021 update). Never had this happen before

Attachments

• error.log
    552 bytes · Views: 181
Where did you get the May 2021 update? As far as I know, there isn't one yet.

Are you playing in English or in a different language? That "error.log" is complaining about "PROGRAM\sulan_shipslog.c", which was changed in 2019 to accommodate translations into other languages. It should not have changed since then.

Can you upload your versions of these files:
PROGRAM\sulan_shipslog.c
PROGRAM\globals.c
RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\shipslog_strings.txt (If you're playing in a different language, please upload that language's version of the file, e.g. "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\SPANISH\shipslog_strings.txt" if you're playing in Spanish.)

Edit: I knew I'd seen this one before!
Post #1642 by @Pieter Boelen

It seems that copying the update archive into place again solved the problem. Try downloading the update again from here:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_190321.zip
Extract and copy into place in your current game installation. (It's called "Post 25May Updates" because it updates the 25th May 2018 installation, not because it was created in May 2021 and then sent back in time. :D)

Last edited:
I redownloaded, still the same error. Could you help me check what is the correct line for the passenger error?

Attachments

• error.log
    94 bytes · Views: 113
the original potc as usual, followed by exe, final and then the updates.

If I understand you correctly I would say that there is your problem it should be original potc, exe, updates.

YOU should do nothing with the final.tar (apart from have it in the same directory as the exe) that is what the exe extracts (as well as copying other bits and overwriting/deleting/moving stuff.

If after the exe you touch the tar (ie extract it) you end up overwriting stuff that is within the exe (which contains later stuff than the tar)

The installer is an automated system which unpacks files and copies them into place, converting the stock installation into the 2018 version of New Horizons. As long as parts 1 and 2 are in the same place as each other, they can be pretty well anywhere (except "C:\Program Files"). Mine aren't even on the same drive as my PoTC installation. Since the installer does all the unpacking and copying, that is why you don't need to extract anything yourself.

The Extra Fix Archive is simply a zip file containing all the files which have been added or updated since May 2018. The installer won't touch that. This is why you do need to extract it and copy it into place yourself.

Ok it works now YAY! But... I can't find east indiaman under the ships for characters? There's only light east indiamen

Which storyline are you playing, and what is your starting year? The Heavy East Indiaman is only available in "Spanish Main" and "Golden Age of Piracy" periods, which means a starting year between 1600 and 1739. (For FreePlay, the default starting year is 1685 so the Heavy East Indiaman should be available unless you change the year outside those periods.)

Then you're probably still not installing the game correctly. Both the East Indiaman and Sweden were already in place when the May 2018 installer was released and have not changed in the update.

Run the game, quit, and post "compile.log". That should tell us which version you're actually running.

Back