• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Errors in console.c functions

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
When you run the console this often takes a little while, this is due to two functions all the way dont this document to 'fix' some stuff. These functions seem to error a bit, maybe someone can look into them once.
Just press F12 ingame and check the error.log to see what is happening.

I'm using the console all the time these days and have nothing strange there. As I have made changes in it the file will be uploaded
to next release. Hope it helps.

the last 2 function at the botom of the console error for me. the LAi functions. Altough it could be this only happens at the start of the game before I went to sea now I think of it....

I will post an error log later today (when I'm at home)

The two functions that are enabled by default? Those are meant for when you get stuck on boardings and the like.

I think you're right that they do error before you go to sea the first time.

ah so its only then, tought of that later yes, probally cause some things are still missing int he character and are only set the first time you go to sea. @Jack Rackham could you maybe take a quick look at it? probally you only need to add a checkattribute to the beginning of the functions to make sure the errors wont happen anymore.

Could someone check this for me then?
just start a game (restart the game first if you where in another save) with Jean Lafitte (i used this last and had it) and press F12 and see what error you get (if any) might be a problem in my install else.

I've started Jean Lafitte and F12. Tested case 1 & 2 in console. Neither of them produced an
errorlog file.

Ok, with case 0 there sure are a lot of errors!

its not the cases but the two functions at the bottom of the file
Code:
LAi_EnableReload();  // To fix being unable to proceed during boardings
 LAi_SetPlayerType(pchar);  // If you end up stuck, unable to move

but if you dont get errors that sounds good :).

But I do, see the edit. So what do you want? That those 2 can't happen before you've been to sea?

think that is the best yes, just to be sure :)

unless you fixed them already so its not needed anymore.
I cant post an error log untill later

I think only LAi_EnableReload() would create errors at the beginning of the game.
If we can find an appropriate CheckAttribute, that should take care of that one.

I have fixed so it can't happen before you have been to sea for the first time.
But after that when you press F12 the error messages are there again.
If this was any help it comes with my other files.

We can put some if statements around it to make it only work on boardings.
That is what it was meant for.

On that subject, do people still need that at all? Do you ever get stuck on boardings like used to be the case in the past?

Pieter says : Do you ever get stuck on boardings like used to be the case in the past?
No it never happend for me during the last years ,or even more.;)

I suggest these conditions:
Code:
    if (!bSeaActive || bAbordageStarted)
     {
       LAi_EnableReload();       // To fix being unable to proceed during boardings
       LAi_SetPlayerType(pchar);   // If you end up stuck, unable to move
     }
That should make this work only ashore or during boardings.
Together with @Jack Rackham's change to prevent errors before going to sea, that should cover all instances I think?

Last edited:
Let's change that to:
Code:
    if (bAbordageStarted)
     {
       LAi_EnableReload();       // To fix being unable to proceed during boardings
     }
     if (!bSeaActive || bAbordageStarted)
     {
       LAi_SetPlayerType(pchar);   // If you end up stuck, unable to move
     }

sounds good. I think we can set this to fixed now.

Back