• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Escaping in the 'Anaconda'

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
I'm playing the "Bartolomeu" storyline again and enjoying it. Where I ran into a bit of trouble was at the end of "Anaconda's Capture", where you've sneaked into Santo Domingo disguised as priests, fought your way through the Anaconda to rescue your crew, and are ready to sail to Cozumel.

The last time you had command of the ship was when you were approaching Jamaica, which means you probably had a flag friendly to England. In my case, playing the role of Bartolomeu, I'd chosen the Portuguese flag. So that's what I was flying when I tried to sail out of Santo Domingo, which is why the fort started firing at me. Fortunately I'm in the habit of saving game just before leaving port, so I reloaded, went to the ship's deck, changed to Spanish flag, and sailed out of port without any trouble.

@Bartolomeu o Portugues:
Perhaps, at some point after you meet the fleet at Jamaica and are captured, add a 'HoistFlag(SPAIN);' command to the quest code. That way, when you're about to leave Santo Domingo, you're already under a Spanish flag. Besides, having captured Anaconda, the Spanish would probably raise their own flag. They wouldn't leave it under Portuguese, English, or Bartolomeu's personal flags!

I'm guessing that the intent is not for the fort to shoot at you because case "quitterport4" starts with 'SetRMRelation(PChar, SPAIN, REL_AMNESTY);', which doesn't help if the fort doesn't like your flag!

Done. This version of "quests_reaction.c" sets the Spanish flag at case "quitterport4", just after you've finished recapturing the Anaconda. You can now leave Santo Domingo safely. (Just remember to change the flag manually once you're clear of Hispaniola if you have any intention of going anywhere hostile to Spain before continuing the story at Cozumel. ;))

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    542.5 KB · Views: 165
Back