• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Evan Glover sitting on the lap of a soldier

SaltySeas7

Powder Monkey
When you play the mission to escord Evan Glover to Bridgetown and you choose to come back to him on the tavern later, and then come back later, there are two people sitting on the same chair and I can only speak with the guy who is not Evan, the solution is to go to sleep for half a day and hope it is just Evan who is sitting on the chair, and there were only him, then I were able to speak with him. But it may not always be just him sitting on that chair. This bug only happens when I choose to come back to him later (to the tavern)

Can you post your "compile.log" file? You don't need to post a copy of its contents, you should be able to upload the file itself to be attached to your post.

Please upload a savegame in a zip archive as well.
We've used quite a few tricks by now to prevent what you describe, but they aren't used quite everywhere yet.
Sounds like you found a spot we missed.

I had a look through the "quests_reaction.c" for this storyline. Here's what's supposed to prevent that:
Code:
    case "Story_Meeting_Ewan_Glover":
       //---------Êàïèòàí äåñàíòíîãî øëþïà Ýâàí Ãëîóâåð ïîäõîäèò ê èãðîêó çíàêîìèòüñ
       LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Ewan Glover"));
       Locations[FindLocation("Greenford_port")].reload.l1.disable = 1;
       LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("Ewan Glover"), true);
       LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Ewan Glover"), PChar, "", 3.0, 1.0);
       Locations[FindLocation("Greenford_port")].vcskip = true; // KK
       Locations[FindLocation("Greenford_tavern")].vcskip = true; // NK
       Locations[FindLocation("Oxbay_town")].vcskip = true; // NK
     break;

Except that it doesn't seem to be called from anywhere.

That's because it's not called from elsewhere in "quests_reaction.c". Further investigation shows that it's called from "Robert Christopher Silehard_dialog.c":
Code:
    case "Story_2ndTask_9":
       PChar.quest.Story_1stTaskComplete.over = "yes";
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Ewan Glover"), "Redmond_port", "goto", "goto_2");
       SetCharacterShipLocation(characterFromID("Ewan Glover"), "Redmond_port");
       SetQuestHeader("Story_2ndTask");
       AddQuestRecord("Story_2ndTask", 1);
       Pchar.quest.Story_Meeting_Ewan_Glover.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       Pchar.quest.Story_Meeting_Ewan_Glover.win_condition.l1.location = "Redmond_port";
       Pchar.quest.Story_Meeting_Ewan_Glover.win_condition = "Story_Meeting_Ewan_Glover";
Which means after talking to Governor Silehard, you proceed to Port Royale port and that's when the 'vcskip' is set for, among other places, Bridgetown tavern.

But I wonder if @SaltySeas7 used FastTravel to teleport straight from the townhall to the ship, bypassing the port entirely?

Anyway, it might make the storyline a bit more resilient if 'vcskip' lines were added in "quests_reaction.c" to cases "prepare_Story_ReloadedtoGreenfordTavernWithGlover", "prepare_Story_ReloadedtoGreenfordTavernWithGlover_1" and possibly "Story_Glover_to_tavern_on_Greenford".

Hi again, sorry the savegame is gone, you can easily reproduce the bug (with a bit of luck), when you're on Bridgetown port, select to come back to him later rather than go with him to the tavern. Do something that makes the day go by and then port again at bridgetown, save the game right there, then walk into the tavern, if he is sitting alone, reload until he is not sitting alone.

Hi again, sorry the savegame is gone
Could people PUH-LEASE stop deleting their savegames immediately after reporting a bug?
Generally I and sometimes @Grey Roger are the only people who are able to tackle any bugs these days.

My time is exceedingly limited and I simply cannot afford to play through the game to a point where a bug is triggered.
Ideally I need to be able to track down the bug from forum posts/log files alone.
And if necessary, I need to be able to load a save, test the bug and fix it without requiring a lot of playing through.

I wished I could do more, but there are only so many hours in a day and I have to be extremely wary of how I spend my time.

I had to restart the whole game to get back the "jealousy" component of the game as a non-merchant, the save game files went into the garbage bin when I started a new game. :diomed

Listen Pieter, I am not the guy who expects fixes, I am just being helpful :)

I had to restart the whole game to get back the "jealousy" component of the game as a non-merchant
But... but... WHY???
@ANSEL, @Grey Roger and myself all posted several workarounds.

This through console would also get rid of the item:
Code:
   TakeItemFromCharacter(pchar, "EITC_Passport");
   TakeItemFromCharacter(pchar, "Trade_Passport");
I wasn't able to look that up before, because I was far away from my game files for several days.
And for the next few days, I will be again....

Listen Pieter, I am not the guy who expects fixes, I am just being helpful :)
Actually, that comment wasn't specifically aimed at you.
It was just general exasperation as it happens a lot and that basically means there is nothing much that can be done about those reports.
Just a shame to have a bug report, but be unable to do anything about it within a reasonable time-frame. :(

You shouldn't worry so much, you're stressed out. If you keep going like that you'll end up hallucinating and seeing things you don't want to see. :yes

It's definitely a very busy week here, that's for sure. With virtually no time for PotC, unfortunately.

Well, at least that rules out being stressed out WITH PotC. Can't be stressed out with something I'm not doing. ;)

@SaltySeas7: did you in fact teleport to your ship after you talked to Silehard to report completion of the first mission? As I said, that's the only way I can think of for you to have bypassed a line which should have prevented random strangers from appearing in Bridgetown tavern.

@Grey Roger: You have set Locations[FindLocation("Greenford_tavern")].vcskip = true; in three different spots now to help with this.
But should it not also be set back to 'false' at some point?

That is one way of tidying up, true. Another is 'DeleteAttribute(&Locations[FindLocation("Greenford_tavern")],"vcskip");', which happens at cases "Ewan_goodbye_exit", "Story_Glover_leaves_tavern" and "Story_BlazeEscapedFromOxbay". ;)

That is one way of tidying up, true. Another is 'DeleteAttribute(&Locations[FindLocation("Greenford_tavern")],"vcskip");'
Ah, yes; that's the regular one of course. I knew that! :facepalm

which happens at cases "Ewan_goodbye_exit", "Story_Glover_leaves_tavern" and "Story_BlazeEscapedFromOxbay". ;)
So that already happens? Good! Then fixed it is. :cheers

Back