• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Everyone hates me

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
I'm pretty far into my game as peter blood now. I've got a price on my head from england as they ticked me off when they sold me into slavery, so I've been sinking their ships. But I'm neutral with everyone else. I've even been doing some of the dutch governor missions.

Suddenly, a few months ago (in gametime) The dutch started attacking me when I'm out at sea, but the forts don't fire on me. But if I go into a dutch town, they act like I'm a bad guy, and come after me. The fort will even fire on me if I leave. Recently the french and spanish have been on me too, and I never did anything to them! I'm neutral to everyone but england, and england is at war with everyone else, so they shouldn't mind if I sink english ships. What did I do wrong?

Hello,

Your status maybe "Neutral" but your English, Check the nation tab in-game and se what nations are at war with what. It may be that the English are currently at war with the French and Dutch (It changes from time to time i assume) so when you fly the flag of England then go to another city they mat attack you although if you fly their nations flag but you dont have a patent or trading license for that city (and if your stealth skill is low) they will call you a Spy and begin attacking you.

Get a Trading License from the Pirate settlements (in tavern, A Diplomat sells them) for the nation citys you want to enter and it all should be fine.

Remember, if you fly the flag of their enemy they will attack you!

I was flying the dutch flag.

And It just started suddenly, It's not like it happened right away.

And I said england is at war with everyone, so if I sink english ships france, holland and spain should be happy, or at least indifferent.

Ypu should check three things:
1. the nation you belong to vs other nations
2. your status vs all the nations
and
3. your reputation
this one is in the character screen.
To gain a better reputation you need to stop nasty actions (for instance boarding ships, taking prisoners and slaves, selling them if they surrender) and begin to do nice actions (for instance go to a priest and donate or clean a grotto form skeletons on his behave).

England at war with everyone else, they shouldn't be at war with the French. Thats a new one on me. I can't recall ever seeing the French and English attacking each other. Did you use the cheats at anytime in your game? because that will allow you to change the nations stants towards each other and towards yourself.

England was at war with france at the start, but became neutral after about a year. (I assume the scales symbol means neutral) So france wouldn't mind if I kept sinking english ships right?

Thats weird, i don't think i have ever seen the game start with England been enemies to France, Spain and Dutch yes but not to France. Weird but anyway, i was doing smuggling runs from Saint John's to Charlestown and back to Saint John's when i was attacked by some soldiers and later by some ships both France and England announced me as hostile so yes sinking English ships will annoy any nations that are nutral to England.

Ok, that explains why france has it out for me, but what about spain and holland? They were at war with england from the start, and still are.

Not sure, it will depend on your skills and what flag you use. If you only use the Dutch flag then Spain and Dutch shouldn't be enemies to you. However if your known for things such as smuggling then i believe you will be seen as pirate by all nations (i'm not sure there).

If you use the Spanish flag or Dutch flag whilest Attacking English ships then i believe that can trigger the Dutch to see you as hostile and the same with nation that is nutral or allied to the Dutch. This sounds more like what has happened to you and is why every nation hates you now.

I was using the dutch flag when holland was still at war with england. After that I used the pirate flag.

I'm just going to start a new game.

Well i have just started a new game 20+ times and never have i had at the start England enemy to anyone other than Spain and the Dutch, France are alway's nutral to England and the Dutch and at war with Spain.

I think your game is bugged and requires a new game. What year are you in?

Well i have just started a new game 20+ times and never have i had at the start England enemy to anyone other than Spain and the Dutch, France are alway's nutral to England and the Dutch and at war with Spain.

I think your game is bugged and requires a new game. What year are you in?

It happens sometimes that relations between nations changes soon after starting the game. I think in my last game as french, french-spanish relations changed, right after the start of the game to neutral and than few months later back to hostile. It's rare but it happens

Sounds like a bug then, because the nations shouldn't change there stance towards each other in less you complete a nations questline.

LOL...

I think you guys got it wrong.
The nation to YOU doesn't change unless you change it by decision making of your own not by the game.

England have 2enemies.
Spain and Holland.
France is Hostile but Neutral

France is Hostile because they are in War from the days past before you got enslaved.
You started as Peter, After you leave BridgeTown. Only place you can go is Fort De France?.
There once you land, France still Hostile but treat only you as neutral.
I think when you set foot at Fort De France. They think your a representative for your country England.
Well that's all I think. Hope I'm wwrong =)

Military or Patrol ship of your Hostile country will chase you.
If you fight most of them at that time.
Status change from Neutral to Hostile.
So if you want to prevent this. Run away every time you see them following you.

If you are smuggling illegal stock.
You are caught by the Ground Patrol.
Fight them and they treat you as a Hostile.
Instead, Lower your weapon, Leave the Smuggler.
And run away from the island as fast as you can.

If you like stealing,
Merchant ships.
They will treat you as hostile.
If you want to balance out stealing without making that certain country your enemy.
Use the pellet shot. Small bullet shot thing that lower enemy crew.
Invade the ship as they try to run.
The Ship Officer will Surrender,
Steal what's left,
Let them go or turn them to slave.
If you turn them to slave.
Head to any Neutral Island.
Go into your cabin and walk to the Cargo Hold.
Talk to the Prisoner and let them go.
This will increase your Reputation and Trust of that person country little by little.

If you want a bounty off your head.
Sneak in through any Enemy country that have a bounty on your head.
Not through the port but by the nearby beach.
Find your way to the town gate.
And snuck in without being seen by the guards.
Sleep till the next day. And have a chat with the Residence there.
Do his quest until he cut off the bounty award.
There you have your enemy country as Hostile I think.

So that's pretty much it. Hope it helps =)

LOL...

I think you guys got it wrong.
The nation to YOU doesn't change unless you change it by decision making of your own not by the game.

England have 2enemies.
Spain and Holland.
France is Hostile but Neutral

France is Hostile because they are in War from the days past before you got enslaved.
You started as Peter, After you leave BridgeTown. Only place you can go is Fort De France?.
There once you land, France still Hostile but treat only you as neutral.
I think when you set foot at Fort De France. They think your a representative for your country England.
Well that's all I think. Hope I'm wwrong =)

Well, your personal relation with nation has no effect, or should I say is less important than your nations relation with them until you get bounty on your head, after that they treat you as enemy. So for example, if you're English and are hostile with French, you still can dock normally in French ports, but if French put a bounty on your head you would still be able to get pass French forts and their military fleets/patrols (except bounty hunters, they'll be after you no matter what - but be careful under which flag you attack them since your bounty can increase a lot faster if you attack under friendly/neutral flag) with English flag, but guards in French ports will attack you (if they recognize you - depends on stealth skill).

Back