• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

everything hangs on 10 bags of salt ahhhhhhhhhh

CptTY

Landlubber
ok every thing was going great until i found out that the ten bags of salt i found at the start and sold to the shop owner i should have kept, i now cant finish because i can only find 3 more bag of salt ahhhhhhhhhh,
anybody know were i can find more i have the admirals key 3 simple keys and another but there are still chests i cant get access too,ive got all the stuff i need to escape even have the malitia man ready for the off but i cant go further till i find more salt and get the knipples lol
any body know how i get around this please dont say start again my closest save is just before i entered the storm to get to the lost city lol
so dont want to have to go the far back lol

got bag of salt from as dungeon loot , very rare but it is there.Always sold them out.I think I even saw some for sale at streets merchants - not the ones sold by me.

<!--quoteo(post=327231:date=Jun 10 2009, 05:10 AM:name=Cpt TY)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cpt TY @ Jun 10 2009, 05:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327231"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->im talking about the city of lost ships quests m8 thnx for trying to help<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

are you still able to dive? those chests at the bottom contain some of the stuff you need in huge quantities do not recall if salt was one of them, but one cheat had like 1000 lutes which i needed, but did not pick up lol.

but if you used all your lower keys on the coas decks and ships and now they have all despawned you might be stuck, sometimes this game can be kinda silly. maybe if you wait and reload enough the shop owner can get some into sell? not sure i never tried that.

beyond that you are going to need to reload or cheat the bags of salt one of the two.

thnx for your help was`nt wanting to open the dev settings as it can open a whole can of worms,

Try to enter on the Diffindur´s quarterdeck, hard to reach, so it´s probably one area not very plundered because all the swimming around involved. There are 2 chests, one at the end of that deck (containing 11 or 12 salt units) and another upstairs (containin a laud, or at least it was the spanish name of the medieval guitar)... both of them aimed to fulfill the ending quests of both petitions for supplies of ammo... I knew about the salt and storaged like 70 units of them, but the petition for 10 grapes, 3 whine bottles and the Laud, in order to drink and learn how to play the instrument... man, it surprised me and make me smile for its originality.

<b>BEST REGARDS</b>

ok got past the salt by cheating had to get the 1 key i never had,the middle key which is given to you when you rob the shop with pablo banderas , i never done that side quest didn't know he gives you the middle key that opens the chest that has a stash[20 odd] of salt,
as i said i had 15 salt and sold them at the start of the city of lost ships .then sold it because i didn't know it was in such short supply and was part of the main quest,
maybe the devs should have made quest items unsaleable to stop errors like this

Nope... you get a Complex key from the shop-storage robbing, and the quest is started from Pedro Hurtado. These are all the keys you can find:

3 Simple Keys:
-Maxim Taylor (the drunk husband of Alice Taylor) imprissoned quest
-Dominic Legro´s Quest about getting some whine to the jail officer
-Lying on the floor of the ship wrecked in two that supports the St.Agustin, you can reach only swimming, it´s the side without a walkpath.

1 Normal Key: -Inside of a chest (small room crowded with clanners) in the St.Gabriel, Casper´s Clan base. Short run unarmed, grab the key and ran away to the outside, they´re invincibles at the beginning, mortals in advance os CoAS main quest.

2 Complex Keys:
-Life on Esmeralda quest (shop-storage robbing), started by Pedro Hurtado, the guy with some purple details on his clothing.
-On some wood crates in Velasco´s deck, Narval´s Clan base.

<b>BEST REGARDS</b>

Back