• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Exploit in shipyard

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
There is still a problem tough, you can "Make money" by a glitch in the shipyard interface.
If you sell all your cannons and then install the bronze cannons this install will cost you no money. Then when you install cannons again on the ship the sellprice of the upgrade goes up. Because this upgrade is so expensive you gain more by the 10% which it cost to upgrade a cannon then it cost to sell and buy a cannon.
This could be fixed by making this upgrade not dependable on how many cannons you have but by the max amount of cannons on your ship, which does sound logical cause after this if you install more guns they will become this type too...

Opinions?

You're referring to the Ship Upgrade, right? I imagine the price of that is already scaled by the number of cannons, right?
How about just disabling the cannon-related upgrades altogether if there are no cannons to upgrade?

The problem will stay, you could sell all but 1 gun then.
it works a bit like this (arbetrary numbers):
Buying 1 cannon cost 20
Stelling One gives 10
so you lose 10
Buying the upgrade cost 2000 per gun
so selling it gives 200 per gun.
You see?
Say i had 11 guns and 2100 money
i sell 10, now i have 2200 money
now i buy the upgrade so 200 left
I buy 10 guns so no money left now.
now i have 11 guns in total so selling the upgrade gives me 2200 gold and 11 guns, so that is more then i started with. And with the cheapest guns i believe the price difference between the gun and upgrade is even higher then this.

Maybe disable the upgrade altogether unless you have ALL guns installed?

Like i said Why not just remove the cannon quantity and replace with the max quantity so you always pay for all the guns on the ship. Even if not all are installed.
agreed?

It seems that this fix does make for notably reduced performance in the Shipyard Interface.
Is there any way to speed this up?

Can't really be because of this fix.... Need to take a look at it more to see where the problem comes from.

If you're going to pay for all cannons when upgrading to bronze cannons, would it be possible to add in the price of replacing any guns which have been knocked out, so that the upgrade first brings you up to full armament and then charges for upgrading to bronze? In reality, of course, it would be the other way round - you're paying for a whole new set of bronze guns, which then brings you up to full capacity.

Also, before allowing the upgrade to bronze chasers, perhaps check that the ship actually has chasers. Several ships have no bow guns, making that upgrade a total waste of money...

Can't really be because of this fix.... Need to take a look at it more to see where the problem comes from.
Not? I seem to recall the No Lag patch posted here at least conclusively indicated that it did affect Shipyard Interface performance:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modpack-performance-issues.24859/

Also, before allowing the upgrade to bronze chasers, perhaps check that the ship actually has chasers. Several ships have no bow guns, making that upgrade a total waste of money...
:rofl
Shouldn't the price just be 0 then? Would make sense to me to have the price depend on the number of bow chasers.

The previous fixes to the shipyard might have caused lag yes cause a lot of stuff wasn't included. Like I said I will look into it.
@Grey Roger what you say if you just need to fully repair your ship before doing any upgrade? That would be easier to program :p.

I don't like that at all. A decent carpenter and a stock of planks and sailcloth means I rarely pay for basic hull and sail repairs unless they're down to something like 20%. Even then I pay for repair up to 50%, the carpenter does some more during the days it takes the shipyard to do that, and then the 1 hour days mean I can repair quite a lot more while I'm still trying to sail away from the island. For that matter, most times I need to replace a destroyed gun, it comes from someone else's ship rather than the shipyard. If it's a choice between requiring a full repair before doing any upgrade, or leaving everything the way it is now, I vote to leave things as they are now - even easier to program. ;)

There is, however, some sense in including both the price and full repair of the specific area being upgraded. For example, buying tall masts or cotton sails includes putting the existing masts and sails into good order, reinforced hull or corsair refit includes repairing the hull to full, and upgrading guns to bronze includes bringing them up to full strength.

I can see what I can do.
Seems I have to take a closer look at the shipyard still cause there are still so many problems with it ....

Back