• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Exploits (BEWARE OF SPOILERS!)

Doc2daMAX

Powder Monkey
Ok, the idea of this topic (since I started one earlier like this), is to find ways to level our ship and personal skills quickly without typing a cheat code in, and in a way that seems too easy for it to be anything but....

"AN EXPLOIT" (echos in the distant)

Simple and easy ways to lvl up skills that I've found for example include:

Santiago church mission (posted here - <a href="http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?showtopic=13826" target="_blank">http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?showtopic=13826</a>) for easy leveling up of your Leadership skill (a hard one to get to 100 otherwise)

Quicker navigation lvling: Loot dungeon skeletons in Fort de France (to the right of store) for cash, and find a storm that you can just sit in for a while. Repair your small vessel, hire a couple more crew (keeping crew to minimum numbers to conserve food costs) and do it again.

Saving and reloading your game in the middle of combat results in you still having your sword ready but everyone else starting with their weapons sheathed - you can get a free swing or two. Rinse and repeat to win virtually any fight.
When being chased on the map by an enemy ship, you can enter sailing mode as soon as the grapple icon appears. The enemy ships will spawn beyond the distance limit and you will be able to re-enter map mode as if you ran away from the fight, so the enemy ships won't be there.
Works the same way for sneaking into towns. There's a sweet spot where you will be found out as soon as you enter sailing mode but will still be allowed to switch back to map mode. Since being discovered inexplicably raises your stealth skill, you can just sit in place and keep switching modes and watch your stealth skill rise.

"a list of exploits for those that still want to play without cheats"

are you saying that the majority of players here are playing with cheats?

I've seen a number of folks say they play with cheats turned on.

I'll mention no names nor make any accusations.

Myself, I've not even made the modification to my game that enables access to the debug console.

I've not used any of the cheat methods that have been found so far, and I don't intend to in the future.

I might eventually start using the debug console, but I'll be using it ONLY for what it was meant for, as a development tool for the game.

Sorry I don't have an exploit to add to this discussion. But if I find one that hasn't been mentioned, I'll be back.

Cap'n Drow

Back