• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Exploration Difficulty

Do you bring bodyguards with you on land?

• Yes! One officer acting as my right hand!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! Two trusted officers!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SillyWilly

Landlubber
Ahoy matys :)

A few questions and poll if you don't mind:

1) I've noticed that running into bad guys in the jungles has become a bit more rare compared to the last build. Is there a number generator or ini file I can adjust to add in more bad guys to make exploration a bit more dangerous?

2) I remember there being enemies any time I would go out in the jungles at night. Is that a random encounter with an ini file too?

3) Do natives and skeleton monkeys have spawn rates?

4) If I bring one, two or three bodyguard/passenger with me will it affect enemy spawn rates?

I don't think bringing guards affects spawn rates.

I always bring 2-3 crewmembers with me, and usually no officers cause they tend to die way too quickly.

1) I've noticed that running into bad guys in the jungles has become a bit more rare compared to the last build. Is there a number generator or ini file I can adjust to add in more bad guys to make exploration a bit more dangerous?

2) I remember there being enemies any time I would go out in the jungles at night. Is that a random encounter with an ini file too?

3) Do natives and skeleton monkeys have spawn rates?

4) If I bring one, two or three bodyguard/passenger with me will it affect enemy spawn rates?
1: Nothing has changed, you're just luckier (or less lucky, depending on your point of view) compared to your previous game.
2: Again, they're random. You'll only see natives at night but you can see thugs and highwaymen at any time.
3: Crewmembers don't affect normal enemies such as natives or highwaymen but they do spawn additional hostile encounters. Which means...

I always bring 2-3 crewmembers with me, and usually no officers cause they tend to die way too quickly.
... I'm the exact opposite. Crewmembers are more trouble than they're worth. Officers gain combat experience along with me and if I give them even half-decent weapons (and armour when I have it), they can survive fights in jungles and dungeons. So I always take officers and never take crewmembers.

Edit: just changed my vote because the poll refers to officers rather than crewmembers.

Last edited:
Back