• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Exporting-Maya 5

Oskar94

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Hi, i have opened this topic for helping who are not expert in exporting with maya. I made lots of testing before i can export models right... You have to put the model in the position you want it ingame, rescale it (a square in the maya grid is a square in gm viewer, so the scale is the same), then you have to select, open the menu "render stats" that's on the right, uncheck double sided (storm engin doesn't support double sided models), when you have make that your model is ready for exporting, so go to the menu "create" and create a locator, remane it for example baselocator, than you have to select the model and the locator and click on "parent", now select the locator, click on the menu and click export selection, select the exporter that you have installed with the maya plugin, when you see the window of the exporter click on setting and check make product and build bsp... Now export and your model may be in gm... Next i'll post a little tutorial for the textures...

Haven't you saw my tutorial written almost a year ago? He is in the same forum as this post... Stickied... You wrote egsactly the same as me...
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14886-storm-engine-moddeling-basics/

open the menu "render stats" that's on the right, uncheck double sided (storm engin doesn't support double sided models), when you have make that your model is ready for exporting, so go to the menu "create" and create a locator, remane it for example baselocator,

storm does support double sided model ,we just dont want them like that since it couses lightning bug ur also supposed to uncheck the opposite box ,and for the locator its supposed to be named waterline aside from that 1 locator will not make ur ship sail unless ur planing on adding the rest of them with tool wich can allso couse problems

@Super Durnius, yes, i have read your tutorial, and thank's for it:), but i wanted to say that build bsp is needed for make the blot appears and the path works, in my maya it wasn't checked by default.

@ZarethPL, i remane all the times the locator baselocator and it works good, i add other locators with tool... In my Old New Surprise i didn't check build bsp on exporting so it for some pc has the bug, i have to reexport it and release it another time...

@Super Durnius, yes, i have read your tutorial, and thank's for it:), but i wanted to say that build bsp is needed for make the blot appears and the path works, in my maya it wasn't checked by default.
BuildBSP is neaded only for few situations... I meantion where do you need to check it where don't... You should read my tutor more cearfully...

Yes? I didn't read it... Yes, i have to read it more carefully:) I see that in exporting hull and path is needed... I'm wrong?

If you want, you can note something I've missed in my tutors and I'll edit/update them... And will give you proper credit... :onya

Thank's, the only one thing that i've noticed is that build BSP is needed also for patch and hull... :onya

if more specific:
Hull... Yess... I haven't finished tutorial parts of the ships...
Path? Only for ship path files in AoP... PotC use different path formath and there is no need for BSP neither for ships nor locations...

BSP is also needed for locations (so camera wont pass thro wals)

For such parts as Islands or other, that isn't mentioned in my tutors, I'm not sure... Haven't done any testings...

no...

col files are generated with in-game tools... And they are the "shadows"... Locations lightning files...

WAit... Might be... :urgh ... Damn... I've lost my thots...
By "colision" you mean some kind of 3D programing term or those *.col files near the models? Since I was talking about those..

I'm not sure what i mean :urgh

I mean that build BSP is needed if you want to have the hull that allowe the comparing of the blots, that are the texture with the cannon balls damages, on it, and on the path, if you don't use build BSP on exporting path you can't walk, you can only look oround the point where you put the "camera" locator, i have also noticed that the files exported whit bild BSP are heavier than the same exported whitout it, i think so that BSP is like a collision file, but it's in the gm, like that gm is like rar and in it there are the model and the collision file, this is only an example...

You're absolutelly right... Just I'm not sure, that the thing inside *.gm is called colision... Let's call it just BSP... :shrug

Back