• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

F2 SHIP PICTURE

Phaser

Landlubber
Ok this is how you get your custom ship picture to show when you click F2/ships ingame:

once you have converted your ship picture back to game format (.tx), name it exactly like the model's name

example.. i have ported both the bermsloops from PotC, 1 is called bermsloop163 and the other bermsloop263 i had to rename each model and all the rest of the files in that folder (not the textures they are thier original names) to bermsloopa1 = (bermsloop163) and bermsloopb1 = (bermsloop263) so i name the picture bermsloopa.tx and bermsloopb.tx and VOILA!

click picture for fullscreen

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/F2.jpg" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/F2.jpg</a>

<!--quoteo(post=168406:date=Oct 21 2006, 01:03 PM:name=Thomas the Terror)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thomas the Terror @ Oct 21 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]168406[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
but we still dont have a picture for sailing
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I tell ya thomas, you don't appreciate steps do ya!! I have a pic when sailing go figure it out yourself bro..

wtf, i have also a pic in the f2 menu, put that doesn`t show up the pic in sea mode. And i appreciate it that you share the knowledge BUT the thing you mentioned has been known for a longer time, in the super mod thread, in a post of wolf.

and I have found that working f2 picture ship, before your post, so that is why i reacted that why, sorry if you dint like.

Wait - I'm lost here...

If you rename the texture and model to the name of a boat in the game - would it not replace that texture and model instead of adding a new one?

<!--quoteo(post=168379:date=Oct 21 2006, 09:33 AM:name=Phaser)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phaser @ Oct 21 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]168379[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Hiyas,

Ok this is how you get your custom ship picture to show when you click F2/ships ingame:

once you have converted your ship picture back to game format (.tga), name it exactly like the model's name

example.. i have ported both the bermsloops from PotC 1 is called bermsloop163 and the other bermsloop263 i had to rename each model to bermsloopa1 = (bermsloop163) and bermsloopb1 = (bermsloop263) so i name the picture bermsloopa.tga and bermsloopb.tga and VOILA!

click picture for fullscreen

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/F2.jpg" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/F2.jpg</a>

Wait something is new here from what I put down. I can get the large 128*128 picture to show by renaming a copy of the texture to the name of the new ship, but I don't quite get how Phaser got the smaller picture to show up. Could explain where you put your transfered files and which hex edit changes you made? Maybe the issue is wether the textures are 32 bit or 16? I made all my copies 16bit. How bout you phaser?

<!--quoteo(post=168454:date=Oct 22 2006, 03:20 AM:name=Thomas the Terror)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thomas the Terror @ Oct 22 2006, 03:20 AM) [snapback]168454[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
wtf, i have also a pic in the f2 menu, put that doesn`t show up the pic in sea mode. And i appreciate it that you share the knowledge BUT the thing you mentioned has been known for a longer time, in the super mod thread, in a post of wolf.

and I have found that working f2 picture ship, before your post, so that is why i reacted that why, sorry if you dint like.

@Thomas,
the ship pic in sea mode is auto generated by the game, custom pics will "NOT" show up without a new code and new ship_icons, i suspect that this part of the code handles it i'm still looking into it.....

switch(sType)
{
case "tartane":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+3*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+3*8 + 1;
BI_intNRetValue[2] = BI_ICONS_TEXTURE_SHIP1;
break;

case "lugger":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "sloop":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "barque":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+3*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+3*8 + 1;
break;

case "schooner":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+2*8 + 1;
break;

case "caravel":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 2+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "fleut":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 2+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "brig":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 2+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2+2*8 + 1;
break;

case "galeon_l":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 2+3*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2+3*8 + 1;
break;

case "galeon_h":
break;

case "pinnace":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "frigate":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+2*8 + 1;
break;

case "corvette":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "battleship":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "lineship":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+3*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+3*8 + 1;
break;

case "warship":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "manowar":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+2*8 + 1;
break;

@windwolf7,
Nope didn't hex edit any textures and didn't rename them they are their original names as its not needed unless you plan on changing the textures that come with
the model (i don't recommend this without asking the owner of the model 1st) to something else, i save all new custom ship pics to the exact same name as the model (.gm) without the "1" and place them in Programs\textures\interfaces\ships and i save them like this...

click the pic for fullscreen.....

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/Saving.jpg" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/Saving.jpg</a>

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/Options.jpg" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~phaser69/Options.jpg</a>

Aye, once again. Excellent find and updating of info, Phaser. You are a credit to the community.

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=168588:date=Oct 23 2006, 03:59 PM:name=Phaser)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phaser @ Oct 23 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]168588[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

the ship pic in sea mode is auto generated by the game, custom pics will "NOT" show up without a new code and new ship_icons, i suspect that this part of the code handles it i'm still looking into it.....

switch(sType)
{
case "tartane":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+3*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+3*8 + 1;
break;

case "lugger":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "sloop":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "barque":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+3*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+3*8 + 1;
break;

case "schooner":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 0+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 0+2*8 + 1;
break;

case "caravel":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 2+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "fleut":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 2+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "brig":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 2+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 2+2*8 + 1;
break;

case "galeon_l":
break;

case "galeon_h":
break;

case "pinnace":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "frigate":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+2*8 + 1;
break;

case "corvette":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "battleship":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+1*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+1*8 + 1;
break;

case "lineship":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 4+3*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 4+3*8 + 1;
break;

case "warship":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+0*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+0*8 + 1;
break;

case "manowar":
BI_intNRetValue[0] = 6+2*8;
BI_intNRetValue[1] = 6+2*8 + 1;
break;

Where did you find that code? That may be exactly what needs to changed or more specificly have the new ships added to the list. What is the file and I can test if it works.

Well The battleinterface code did fix some things but only the little picture that appears for your ship when your at sea, not the little one that appears when you buy a ship. Guess I will have to keep looking.

You shouldn't have to look for anything i have already explained how to do it,if your hex editing any of the stock textures for stock ships then that is your problem, even ported ships from potc none of them need hex editing.

i keep a 24/7 ventrilo server running, if you need more help you can find me on there (most of the time) for more in depth instructions on the f2 ship pics.

I use an older version of ventrilo 2.14, the new version 2.30 is limited to only 8 users unless you pay for a server my server is unlimited.You can get the client from me

Client...
<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~isc/ventrilo_2.14.exe" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~isc/ventrilo_2.14.exe</a>

Server Name...
69th

Ip...

Excellent, Phaser. Thanks for providing the info about your ventrilo server and a link to the client. Don't know if I'll log in today. But definitely will soon.

Cap'n Drow

Back