• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Faceless officers, fair-weather storms

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
A couple of odd things showed up when I was investigating the problem with mutineers failing to show up: Unconfirmed Bug - Mutiny problem

Israel Hands and Ignatius Pell have no 256x256 interface pictures. So if you look through your characters while they're your officers, they look like this:
hands_no_face.jpg pell_no_face.jpg

While cruising around waiting for a mutiny, I ran into a storm:
storm.jpg
I've never seen blue sky in a storm in any other storyline. There's no question that it was supposed to be a storm, partly because of the "Roll angle" display and partly because I'd been on the worldmap and was caught by a storm cloud.

Last edited:
So if you look through your characters while they're your officers
I have never done that but I can add some 256 portraits next time.

I wonder if the blue storm sky could be an effect of me forcing the sky to "reset" from a very annoying
red sky that lasted for ever.

I have never done that but I can add some 256 portraits next time.
:onya

I wonder if the blue storm sky could be an effect of me forcing the sky to "reset" from a very annoying
That would probably do it, though the obvious next question is, what caused the persistent red sky?

I did encounter both problem.
1st problem very few that I do not remember where.
2nd problem almost always if started a new story/free play. Even afterwords...
There is no storm indicator up left and clear sky but changing from world map to 3D there is suddenly storm appears.

Storms appearing without warning is a different problem. Presumably when you encounter such a storm, the sky is suitably dark and cloudy; the problem here is that the sky was blue.

If you find an officer with a missing interface picture, please remember to post a report including the officer's name, then we can see about creating a suitable picture.

I assume that applies to one very specific point in the story; right?
If so, does that mean this bug would also trigger only once?

I've never seen blue sky in a storm in any other storyline. There's no question that it was supposed to be a storm, partly because of the "Roll angle" display and partly because I'd been on the worldmap and was caught by a storm cloud.
The "Roll angle" display showing up when it shouldn't sounds somewhat familiar to me.
If my memory is right, that was definitely not related to Woodes Rogers.

But I haven't played in forever and you regularly do; so if you've not encountered that yourself, perhaps it's okay after all...

I assume that applies to one very specific point in the story; right?
I made 2 tests (each several times):

1 set the sky to red and sailed into a storm. The storm sky was normal. The red didn't stay.
2 set the sky first to red and then reset it (like in the quest situation). Sailed into a storm and the storm sky was normal.

So either it's not this or I couldn't repeat it for some reason.

Back