• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Favorite real (historical) ships

Awww... :(
50eeb3f5072aec22b2b83f82607149753b0e493d-608x400.jpeg

On the other hand...
My previous profile picture was taken on the USS Constitution.
Long story.
Ha ha ha...lol!! What is that please? :rofl

So now that the introduction is made, let me introduce... the USS Constitution!

USS-Constitution__2018_GettyImages-476872323.jpg

USS_Constitution_fires_a_17-gun_salute.jpg

While ships of the line are nice, for me a ship must also be fast, and not just powerful.

She is both fast and powerful, when she was made, she was the last word of technology and there are reports of cannonballs bouncing off her hull, earning her the nickname Old Ironsides.

She is the second oldest commitioned warship in the world.
Second only to the equally legendary HMS Victory, but she is dry docked, so the USS Constitution is the oldest commitioned warship still afloat.

For stats see this: The US Navy -- Fact File: USS Constitution
Very nice pics mate!! Dou you live in the US, if I may asking for? Have a good day and see soon!! :onya

I have multiple.
Listed below in attempted chronological order (for me).

Amsterdam (VOC ship) - Wikipedia (visited many times)

RV Calypso - Wikipedia (seen on TV)
6560-1: Diving Expedition Explorer (owner)

Europa (ship) - Wikipedia (visited, captain was instructor at Enkhuizen Nautical Academy)

Rainbow Warrior (1957) - Wikipedia (interest)

Alcyone (ship) - Wikipedia (seen on TV)

Scouting Amsterdam - Elfregi Zeeverkenners (sailed myself)
(Wooden "Schouw" and "Vlet")

Stad Amsterdam - Wikipedia (seen built, sailed as passenger for a few hours, captain was instructor at Enkhuizen Nautical Academy)
She's easily the most classy and beautiful ship I know. Excepting... perhaps... my own 9m sailboat "Atlantis", of course! :cheeky

I still remember when I was young(er) living in Amsterdam and I spent massive amounts of time at my favourite Scheepvaartmuseum there. This was in the days that the clipper Stad Amsterdam was being built there, so I first saw her as a hulk with no masts. Even then, I couldn't help but admire those sleek lines.

Of course I kept loosely in touch with her throughout the years (a genuine love will always remain love), but I hadn't stepped foot on board since SAIL 2005, right before starting at the Hogere Zeevaartschool Amsterdam. In the almost 15 years since, I finished my education there, worked as navigation officer at sea for 5 years and have done a wide variety of Maritime Research as well.

Yet in those 15 years, I never had a chance to return to her. Until a few weeks ago, back at the Scheepvaartmuseum. When I visited again, together with my family. And she was lying exactly where I first saw and remember her.

It all comes back full circle. :woot

EVER RENOWN - IMO 9055474 - Callsign 3FFR4 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker (made 3D model)
MS Bremen - Wikipedia (made 3D model)

MS Zuiderdam - Wikipedia (sailed commercially)
MS Maasdam - Wikipedia (sailed commercially)
MS Amera - Wikipedia (former "Prinsendam", sailed commercially)

USS Constitution - Wikipedia (visited)
SS Great Britain - Wikipedia (visited)
HMS Warrior (1860) - Wikipedia (visited)
HMS Victory - Wikipedia (visited)

WASP (Ecoliner) - Dykstra Naval Architects (ran simulations)

Hydrograaf (schip, 1910) - Wikipedia (interest; potential to sail on)

Hallberg-Rassy 29 (owner)
Corsair Marine – The worlds best trailerable trimaran yachts (28, sailed)
Dehler Yachts - Wikipedia (28S, sailed)

HMS Unicorn (1824) - Wikipedia (community cooperation, visited)

SS Rotterdam - Wikipedia (visited)

Tres Hombres - Wikipedia (visited)

I can keep going, but time to sleep.
Great collection mate!! Keep on going!! :onya

attention to the smallest details .. in fact the guns were made of fiberglass as well as the cannonballs and the two anchors but the ropes and the wooden gutto hull with a steel core...:facepalm:facepalm

Attachments

• IMG-20220205-WA0124.jpg
    IMG-20220205-WA0124.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG20220205151603.jpg
    IMG20220205151603.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG20220205151344.jpg
    IMG20220205151344.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG20220205145803.jpg
    IMG20220205145803.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG20220205145637.jpg
    IMG20220205145637.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
I always felt the AV was a bit TOO gilded up.
Like they're showing offf on purpose..
as an Italian I was unaware of its existence but today I saw it or rather I spoke to a naval non-commissioned officer who knows it very well..goletta Palinuro..from Wikipedia:
The Schooner (or better, Bergantine) Palinuro is a training ship of the Italian Navy. Generally speaking, it is used on behalf of non-commissioned officers, of any category and specialty, attending the normal marshal's course at the non-commissioned officers' school of Taranto, and students of the "Francesco Morosini" military naval school of Venice.
Launch 1934
sailing school ship

Attachments

• palinuro1.jpg
    palinuro1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 53
:pirati...un po' di legno..

Attachments

• IMG20220710200815.jpg
    IMG20220710200815.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG20220710200800.jpg