• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Female Models (was Build 11 is out....)

Well the only one that I couldn't seem to make female and look right was the hired officer. But all the quest ones seemed to work as well as the main. However I did have to change sex of the model in the officer file for some reason the tailor mod by itself didn't adjust the way the arms and stuff moved. This really isn't that big a deal for me personally as I have many quest officers and a gang of girls I didn't really want :blah: Once you get into adding models to the tailor mod, which is very easy, I can see how valueable this really is. Any model can be added to it as well as any armor value you want to have. Hopefully someone can crack the adding whole new models to the game. That would be great. And now that we have a really nice tool to be any char we choose to be the sky is the limit.

Ok after I ran the latest update and debug all models in tailor correct themselves to sex just fine. Fixed a couple other options that werent' working as well. Have no idea why but if anybody has trouble with the sex thing maybe this would work for you as well. However it still takes 2 days at the shipyard to look at ships for sale. I thought it might fix that as well.

Afraid there's no quick fix for the shipyard thing. We'd have to edit the shipyard interface, set flags for if you buy or sell or repair, etc.

I found out you can get another female skin ingame but the problem is she has no skills whatsoevevr. If I remember correctly, its one of the store owners that has a daughter, ask him about her and he will send you off to Isla Muella to deliver her to her aunt I think, if you go through the dialog and swindel the woman out of some money, you get to keep the store owners daughter as a member of your crew.

Hi Izzie, I am sorry, been away from this forum as I've not had much time to hang around here lately...

Your new model looks good! :yes :cheers Great job!!!

To take a screenshot in PotC, use the "F8" key. It will write an image to the PotC directory, and you can take numerous shots.

I'm still pretty busy, CJS - soon...

I came in here mainly to try to clear my mind from all the modding I've been working on (my Fred Bob quest) - brain got tied up into a pretzel trying to figure out win conditions and trying to make a character run from one certain point to another...

:yes Not to mention the huge battle I'm trying to figure out how to script! :cheers

Doing this without much help (my choice, I'm LEARNING), but my head was beginning to look like the smilie I'm using in my sig! :cheers

Thx Catalina =) Life without a redheaded pirate is just to dull so I just had to make one. Hope things work themselves out ok on the Fred Bob thing, really looking forward to that one. NK I can understand what you mean after thinking about it, it would be hard to fix that. It makes sense for the delay on ship repairs and even selling off a new ship if your buying new one due to the moving cargo thing. So whenever you all can think of something to make browsing the shipyard without taking up time..that's cool no rush =)

That's due to the slowness of my `dynamic-price` code.
And will be dealt with (by those better skilled than I with optimized code! :d:) , as soon as we get to it.

Hey all

I've been busy with a lot of work lately. But once I get back from school this summer I'll be able to start workin for y'all again.

As some of you may remember, I had done 3 reskins of the danielle model a few months ago. I'd be more than happy to release these, except whenever I send them to someone to post them on the mod site, they never get it. I've still got them, they just need to be incorporated into the build. I'll check back here in a couple of days to see if anyone knows a way for me to get them up on the site so you can download them.

I downloaded the build when it first came out, but haven't gotten around to trying it out yet. Summer will bring a lot. Anyway, I look forward to hearing if anyone has a way for me to release them.

Best,

jmv

xD: Nice to see you back in these fair waters, JMV575! :cheers

If you don't have an FTP program, send them to me, I have a good email client and will be able to take care of them from there. :woot xD:

Female Officer mod

I currently have the v11 build installed (think that is the latest). I was reading how the female skin can be used for the main and the quest officers but not for the hired officers. Is this still the case or has anyone figured out how to get the hired officer to be female without the buggy animation.

I can see where in the character_init file that "man" is switched to "woman" for your main character, but where are quest officers changed?

Are there no data files stored that that have a list of current officers in your crew that can have the "man" changed to "woman" and well as changing the name of your officers that are already hired to one of your choose? There must be some spot that the game checks all officers to determine sex and names as well as other stats when game is loaded each time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Via the tailor mod.
You can add property model.sex, and model.ani, and set both to "woman". Oh, and height to 1.75.
Look at how Danielle's set up in that regard, in models init.

Then just buy the "clothes", talk to the officer, and choose About You, Your uniform.
Or something like that.

Do I have to create/modify a couple of files and add them to some dir? I am not sure how to change something in the tailor mod? Is there an editor that I use to make the changes or just manually change a few files?

You make it sound simple, so I must be just missing something since I have not modded this game before.

Thanks again.

Does this only apply to quest officers and not random officers that you hire in taverns? If so do I just modify the file in:

Program/characters/init/Officers to the info you mentioned?

Currently you can't, without editing files, change the clothes of quest officers. For tavern/hired/random officers, you can talk to them and choose the about you path. And any model you own, you can put on them.

Regarding adding new models. Open ProgrammodelsinitModels.c in notepad. You can add new entries there. No other editing is necessary.

Nathan, interestingly, when I included the "hired officer" dialogs in with my FB character, I could take him to the tailor shop and the tailor would ask if I wanted clothes for myself or for FB...

Ok, so when I talk to the tailor and ask to change cloths of a hired officer that I have with me there will be an option available for a female skin or is that something that I have to add manually by editing a file before I go to the tailor in the game.

I have tried talking to the hired officer and choose about you, your uniform etc and changing their cloths to danielle green (since it was an option) but then this officer had the arms animation bug etc happening when they walked.

Are you saying that I can edit a file for the tailor mod, add a different/custom piece of clothing that I can buy at the tailor and then get the officer to switch to that clothing instead of switching to the danielle skin?

Back