• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Female Skin?

Mordraneth99

Landlubber
Greetings,
Today I introduced my wife to PotC and she was a little upset to discover she could not play as a woman.
I was wondering if anyone has made a mod or knows how to make your main character skin a woman?

Yeah matey :b: welcome aboard, im sure Cat will get onto this thread soon :b:

You need to download the wardrobe mod which is a part of the huge build mod at http://mods.piratesahoy.net/index.php?acti...ntry&entryid=39

When you start a new game your first mate will ask you if you wish to change your cloths, and there you can choose to play as a femail character :p:

its the very first one, you cannot avoid it

just read the choices of conversation and one will mention changing your clothes :b:

Ahoy, Mordraneth99, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :b:

There are a few modders who are making female skins (Grumblepunk is one, look for his topics here and you will see), although I am not sure they can be modified for use as the main character. There is some problem with the female models not being animated to "sit" - and there are some moments in gameplay where the main character has to sit, so there are some obvious dilemmas that need to be overcome before a female main character can be introduced.

Right now there's a BIG team of modders working on putting out a new version of NK's build - it is now the PotC Modders Team Build, and a huge group effort. The new build will be released within about two weeks, and there will be some BIIIIIG new things added.

I have just asked your question of "somebody who knows" (somebody who knows more than I about modding, HA!), and when I get an answer - if I can share that info, I will do so here.

Hope you enjoy yourself here! The game is so much more enjoyable using the mods as they fix a lot of the really annoying bugs with which the `un-modded` version of POTC is plagued. The mods also make the game much more challenging and interesting.

So... If your wife has any questions, make sure you come on back in here and we'll try to help if we can! :b:

Thanks Cat =)
So, essentially, you cant use a female skin currently? Dang. I remember reading somewhere that when this was Sea Dogs 2, you could use a female character. *kicks Disney in the shins* Down with Mickey Mouse! *draws Epee*

Keith:
Hehe I was referring to the options within the "Id like to change my clothes" options. They don't specify what each choice will change your clothes to.

oh dont tell me im wrong? whoops, i thought you could change to the blaze skin? ( blaze was the female character? ) or you cannot do that?

Sorry Mord i may be wrong, Catalina would know more about this than i would :b::

LOL... Don't worry. Actually she may like running Nathaniel around in his "the usual" skin - that's what I do... When you play in 3rd person you basically see his posterior most of the time, and it's a nice one, arrrrrrrrr! :b: :b:

There *is* a female character in the story tho, her name's Danielle. She's an independent captain but joins Nathaniel for the main quest.

Those "change clothes" options aren't specific, I know. You just have to check out each one to see if you like it.

Your wife can play as Captain Jack Sparrow, if she wishes - just pick the "dreadlocks" one. :p:

Hehe
She thinks that Nathaniel looks more like a member of N'Synch then a pirate :b: lol

Is there any chance of a modder adding animations for female characters in the near future?

See, I got her started on the whole gaming thing starting with Morrowind and she hasn't stopped since :b:

My poor 'puter :p::

Maybe this could be something that a modder could look into?

"Right now there's a BIG team of modders working on putting out a new version of NK's build - it is now the PotC Modders Team Build, and a huge group effort. The new build will be released within about two weeks, and there will be some BIIIIIG new things added."

Mordraneth99, hopefully the above extraction from Cat's earlier post will cover the female player skin, I'm not sure though. I didn't even know this work was being done, and I just uninstalled POTC... Oh well, looks like I'll be putting it back on my system for the 50th time. :b:

I can't wait for the BBBBIIIGGGG Mod. :b:

server gonna be plugged when it comes out,had to wait a couple hours when 10.1 was released xD:

i'll upload the build onto fileplanet once its out so that the site doesnt have a hear attack xD:

OKAY BACK ON TOPIC! <ahem, more rum here, please!>

<!--`QuoteBegin-Mordraneth99`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mordraneth99)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->She thinks that Nathaniel looks more like a member of N'Synch then a pirate  :yes  lol[/quote]

Haha. Well she can always play as the "Portuguese Swordsman", he looks pretty tough!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Mordraneth99`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mordraneth99)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is there any chance of a modder adding animations for female characters in the near future?[/quote]

Yes, there are quite a few people working on it. Grumblepunk is one, take a look at this topic:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/`ftopic11...;asc-0`.php

I PROMISE that this one will be worked into the game as I am working on it with him and am determined that we'll see her through to completion. I don't know about adding her as a "skin" for Nathaniel, but hopefully we can get some answers about that in the coming weeks.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Mordraneth99`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mordraneth99)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->See, I got her started on the whole gaming thing starting with Morrowind and she hasn't stopped since  :cry [/quote]

Oh your fault, hm??? xD: Ah don't feel bad. This game is a fun one, and made all the much better by the mods. And as I'm sure you're aware there are a lot of Morrowind mods too, so you should have known... HAHA, you should have known!!! xD:

Pop back in here if she has any troubles with the game, we'll all be more than happy to help - and hey... Aren't YOU playing it too??? :cheers

Well when is the biggggggggggggg mmmmmmmmmmod be rrrrrrreleased? xD: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :yes xD: :cheers :cry

Back