• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Few ideas for upcoming mods

First of all you guys are awesome you have done such a great work modding potc and making it much better game that it originally was it was ok game but now it's exceptional fun :onya

You probably hear lots of these ideas from us players who don't know much about modding itself- well i have to say that i know very little about programming so i cannot say if these ideas will work but anyway there is few i came up with:

1. Careening ships and cleaning of barnacles-

would be interesting if ships hull would collect all kind of shipworms and barnacles when sailing through Caribbean- you wouldn't have to see them but there could be changing value of barnales which would- after long voyage- reduce speed and maneuverability of your ship-

you could check out the status from ship's hull section and if it's reducing speed you should careen your ship either on some shore- or then let shipwright do it- you wouldn't need to see it happening but like repairing ship it would take some time when it's done-

it could be in advanced options that you can turn this mode on or off...

sounds possible to me but of course nothing is as easy as it sounds xD:

2. Improved powder flasks and ammo pouches

I find myself with shortage of powder and bullets all the time- so it would be awesome if you could find better pouches or flasks with more than 12 bullets/powder portions capacity- there could be "little powder flask", "big powder flask" and powder horn- and similarly different pouches- also would be good if with two pouches you could actually hold up to 24 bullets and so on....

3. More weapon categories

Idea of swords and pistols decreasing quality is excellent- but it also means that your inventory is all the time filled with average, good, worn etc. different blades and some items are hard to find- armors , grenades and pistols could have sort of category of their own- and armors too could decrease in quality and require repairing at smithery

4. Grenades

I love the addition of grenades they are historically accurate pirate weapons- but it's odd that you can have hundreds of them while you can have only 12 bullets :b: there could be grenade pouch or bag as well as ammunition pouch that would hold up to 24 grenades or so on- also there could be grenade launcher weapon that requires grenades as ammo but would add more range or damage - that sort of weapon was real and we see that in movies like Cutthroat Island and Potc (Marty's weapon)

Perhaps you have thought about some of these already but see what you can do- you have done great job with previous mods so i believe that some of these would be possible additions to mods 15 or 16 :cheers

1. Careening ships and cleaning of barnacles-
Should be possible, but requires somebody to code it in and I'm not sure if it'll add much to the gameplay. Might just be annoying...

2. Improved powder flasks and ammo pouches
You might want to turn the Ammo mod off instead.

3. More weapon categories
Actually, pistols don't decrease in quality (yet?). Very true about the clogged up inventory.
Once we get to the Period Weapons mod, I'd like to decrease the number of different blades and guns available in the game at any one time.
Instead of having about 40 blades in the game at the same time, I'd like to change it to, say, only 10.
However, in a different period/storyline, a differerent 10 will be available.
That'd keep the variety, but would simplify things, I reckon.

4. Grenades
You might be able to add a grenade thrower in the game yourself. Have a look through PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c .

Ahoy!

I've got some idea's about POTC:

1. Make something like sleeping mode in Morrowind. You can sleep in bed. Time is going on and ship is moving.

2. Walking in third person on the deck in sailing mode.

3. Make captain's cabin without loading interior. :woot

I know ,this 3rd point is stupid and hard to do ;)

1. I'd like that, but am not sure how to keep the continuation of time going.

2&3. These two are combined and I don't think they can be done properly.
For one thing, it'd require ALL ships to be re-modeled WITH interior.
For another thing, in the game there's a very distinct difference between 3D sailing mode and "walking around" mode.

So meaby add possibility of buy a house in town ? One more thing:

Climb up to the mast like crewmembers.

You must do that 3rd person on deck :urgh

I think ZarethPL once did some tests with enabeling the player to climb up into the mast.
This did work, but with all the sails in front of you, you still don't see anything.
It'd need to be done for each ship seperately, which is a LOT of work. But it IS possible.

If you remember, I did the test with Climb-up-the-masts... Everything was OK, just lot's of work to do with every ship separatly... To much for me...

Guys... pirates or no pirates, we don't have storyline charecter with an eye patch and a wooden leg HAHA... :wp
So.. methinks that if anyone is planing a new storyline, maybe try remodeling the guy with the eye patch(there are lots walking in the streets) and maybe trying to add a pegleg??
if its possible???

It is not so hard to model character of that kind. It hard to import any animated character back to game... HARD... Me never managed to complete.

Thats right!!
Pedro "scum that stole my ship" Rivera!!

I forgot about him...
(Although I must say... he looks like a nice(very "classic" pirate)storyline subject..

Guys , I think most people are playing with film ships, so meaby make them with captain's cabin and possibility climb up the mast ? I know ,I'm annoying with that cabins :woot .

Back