• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Fewer cannonballs with every loading of a save

Captain Mark

Landlubber
Hi all,

I'm a long-time fan of this awesome mod, been playing it from the early days. I just started playing the latest version a few days ago and noticed that every time save at sea and load that game later, I have fewer cannonballs and gunpowder on my ship. It's as if with each loading of a save game, my loaded cannons get discharged and reloaded, slowly depleting my ammo stock. Is this a known issue, and if yes, is there a way to fix it?

Cheers

Odd. I can certainly see the cannonballs and gunpowder reduce while I'm at sea. But when I arrive at the next port, they're back to what they were originally.

There is some reduction when you first go to sea, without needing to save game. This is presumably to account for ammunition loaded in your cannons. Ashore, you see your total ammunition, counting against your cargo total for when you want to buy more. At sea, you see your remaining ammunition. Possibly something is going wrong with the calculation for loaded ammunition. Unfortunately I can't find where this is happening, so I've no idea how to fix it.

Back