• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Field Modifcations

carmenara

Pandora's Kitten
Storm Modder
Build 14 Beta Fixes
23 Jan 2010

1. Rename HMS Indefatigable - fix by Novotny999 for Horatio Hornblower campaign
(run rename.bat which will be located in Pirates of the Caribbean root directory)

Discussion:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/hornblower-problem-build-14-beta-1-t15398.html

Bartolomew Campaign playability - amended ship cargo capacity for English Bark and European Barque and Barque Longue. This should make the Bark/Barque class more coveted for trading, and Bartolomew campaign once again playable.
Heavy Lugger now has increased capacity, crew size, maximum cannon size and cost compared to non-heavy types.

24 Jan 2010

3. Put the questbook files for Jack Sparrow into game!

4. Fixed an error of Cutler Beckett not showing up on the jetty and Thomas Tipman dialog stuffing up

5. Added the Steam Ships into the Vanderdecken shipyard

Unzip this package into your POTC game folder. These are fixes derived from the Build Forums at
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/forum/37-potc-build-mod/

Then open PROGRAM/Ships/ships_init.c and go to
// STEAM EXPERIMENT 2 "JEANNE D' ARC" [ FICTIONAL SHIP ] (UNIQUE VERSION)
and
// STEAM EXPERIMENT 1 "USS HUDSON" [ FICTIONAL SHIP ] (UNIQUE VERSION)

change the (refShip.Name) of both ships by adding a 2 on the end of both ships original names

Here is the LINK to the updated fix file

So did you just change the values for the cargo hold for those ships, so that the original values should work again?

They are not original values, they are my values once again derived from historical research and made with an interest to improved game balancing.

I don't understand why all my posts on this website result in some sort of glaring suspicion.

I wasnt being suspisious at all actaully SWS... I was just trying to work out if the values for Bartolomeus quest dont need to be changed anymore thats all :shrug

(I just missed the Bartolomeu quest part out sorry)

Oh, I wasn't that clear myself - yep the quest requirements don't need to be changed at all, just replace the shipsinit and all should be well and better.

Captain Maggee shall be contributing the next fix(es), until I find some glaring issues with things in gameplay (none so far, I being more interested in ships than anything else).

This thing about open source patching does hint at potential. It's easier when it's not one person doing the fixes. There just has to be some coordination of course, if open source patching becomes a widespread affair (hint, multiple and varying fixes on the same topic). Right now it's pretty much "turn based mode" which presents no complications.

Coordination required, says you? SVN says I!

We used to have a nice system that allowed people to upload code modifications
and it'd make sure that even if multiple people work on the same file,
people's work still wouldn't accidentally end up lost.
Of course nobody ever used it apart from me, Screwface and Aconcagua (who set it up).
But it WAS a nice system. :yes

BTW: With the new ships_init.c, you've got two steamships with the same ID.
You need to keep refShip.Name = "US_SteamFrigate"; but change refShip.id to something else.
It says refShip.Name by default, but you can change that to, say, "US_SteamFrigate2" .
As long as it doesn't end up the same as the OTHER steamship.
Otherwise the original gets overwritten and you'll never encounter them at sea and only at Vanderdecken.

Example of one model and multiple configs can be derived from Galeon5 (English galleon) being the 'master' model and Galeon5W and 5F being variants of the same model.

I will likely be terminating my internet access at home effective today and won't be contributing to further updates. Appreciate if this may be resolved.

Coordination required, says you? SVN says I!

We used to have a nice system that allowed people to upload code modifications
and it'd make sure that even if multiple people work on the same file,
people's work still wouldn't accidentally end up lost.
Of course nobody ever used it apart from me, Screwface and Aconcagua (who set it up).
But it WAS a nice system. :yes

I didn't use it myself because I had to stop modding PotC, but I wouldn't recommand enough modders to use it. This system is fantastic, and sure makes life easier for our modpack compiler... It can allow us to continue modding actively while Pieter is at sea, and it would be usefull to prevent the kind of big mess that paralysed the build mod for months when two of our best modders, pirate_kk and Maximus, had worken separatly on a huge quantity of mods at the point their Build versions were complelty uncompatible and very difficult to merge together. Not to mention that this SVN system looks very usefull for small bug fixing operations.

I hope that when Aconcagua will restore this SVN system it will be more used :onya

I reckon it would be a good thing I just never got around to using it when it was up and running, if it gets back up and running I will definantly try and use it ;)

ABSOLUTELY true, ASVS! In fact, I think we STILL have some Maximus/Pirate_KK merge issues left.
So that proves beyond any doubt that not sharing one's code work with the others
for long periods of time is NOT good business at all.

If there's interest in the SVN being reinstated, we probably have to PM Aconcagua.
The server crashed before and I told him that without any interest from pretty much everyone,
he wouldn't need to bother with reinstating it. But if there IS interest now, that changes things. :whipa

Grr. I don't like to wait.

This works, non?

refShip.Name = "FR_SteamFrigate";
refShip.SName = "FrigateSteam";
refShip.all = "Frigate1";
refShip.Nation = FRANCE;
refShip.id = "FR_SteamFrigateUnique";

refShip.Name = "US_SteamFrigate";
refShip.SName = "FrigateSteam";
refShip.all = "Frigate1";
refShip.Nation = AMERICA;
refShip.id = "US_SteamFrigateUnique";

If the attached shipsinit works, please update the fix file accordingly.

Attachments

• Ships_init.rar
    33.8 KB · Views: 60
Back