• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Fighting: Reduce Effect of Weapons, Increase Effect of Skills

I'm thinking.... what if random jungle bandits are permanently low level and different dungeons can be given different difficulty levels.
Not saying it would be a five-minute job to get that working properly. But it should certainly be possible.

Pieter, that is exactly my ideal long-term hope. :)

It is also how modders transformed games like Elder scrolls Oblivion, after everyone complained about daedric sword magic armor bandits. Random bandits were permanently lowish level, hard for a beginning player though (I'd guess level 8, +/- some random factor, would work). Dungeons made different levels based on how difficult they were desired to be. The rewards in chests would need to be similar level to the enemies.

And enemies would have to have weapons capped at most their level, not players (though maybe we still require the player to hit a level to make them appear, and just use the lowest of player level, enemy level)

Last edited:
Back