• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Final Quest Bug

DarkCoiote

Landlubber
First, hi all! :?:
I know that this isnt a MOD thing but a MODDER can easily fix it (I think)

"The problem is that im stuck in the last quest!.. First I went throught the maze, enter in the Alcove big room, went randomly in teleporters things until I was able to go to top center part of the room, then I enter in the small room with the big statue of a bird. And I cant leave this room and I cant do anything in it! I read in internet that Daniele and Researcher shouldve talked to me about spliting up (one to find traps other the treasure) and when I enter in the small room a cinematic would appear....

And the problem is, i dont ve a save file before the room.. (shiitt, never again i ll ve only 1 file)

Is there a way to fix this? I saw some codes that change a file, and in the file I found a "quests name" variable or something like that, would I be able to change the saved file so the game appears that everything is ok?
Or change the codes to make the game acts like I ve done the quest already... I dont know....

Thanks in advanced (If and only if you have read everything... lol)
DarkCoiote

ps: I use PC version... and sorry for my english ;P

Are you running a vanilla installation of POTC or using some kind of mod, Build v11 perhaps? I've finished the main plot with both of them and the final quest and its cinematics work just fine.

Hmm... Strange problem you have there, then. I did the final quest using a clean POTC installation and it went just fine. I don't know if there is a way to "fix" your game so that you can finish the quest especially that you didn't save prior entering the temple. Can't help you there, sorry :?

I have had my share of unrecoverable situations in POTC and now I'm wise enough to save very often, and use different slots for savegames.

It seems that Ive skipped some dialogue ... And now the game "quest name" variable doesnt match with the one that a "normal" player would ve in alcove room...

I ve just `re-checked`, either of the 2 npcs are talkative. If I can change the "quest reaction" file correctly wouldnt I be able to trick the game and make it acts like I ve the right QuestName variable value?

Gittin' stuck in de room wid de bird statue be an old bug an' Fred Bob don't recall any luck by folks in fixin' it! :? Problem be in repeatability. Dis bug be somewhat random. When ye arrive in dat room, ye should experience a "forced dialog" after ye make several steps into de room. Fer some people (an' not every time mind ye) dis dialog never takes place an' thus ye be stuck. Yer only alternative be tew load a prior save. It don't hep yer frustration, but generally in de Incan Temple, ye should save OFTEN an' befer every fight and/or scene change! So try loadin' earlier an' earlier saves until ye git past dat point. :D

I have found that if you reload a game that has been saved just inside the temple, before danielle talks to you about splitting up, they may not appear in that room after reloading, ye savvy? Be sure to save before entering the temple, or after this conversation.

Back