• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Find Angelique Moulin’s Father

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
I have slight problem... as I understand it from the conversation with the father (and the walkthrough), I should be heading to the fort to speak to this troublemaker (Antoine Chamfort).
Well: the fort ist empty!?

See save and logs.

Can you plz help me out? :)

Attachments

• logs.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 64
  • save.7z
    699.4 KB · Views: 77
Try executing this through console:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "vcskip");

I have absolutely no clue if that is the reason, but it is the only plausible explanation I can think of by the top of my head.

@Hotshot: Indeed the reason why there aren't regular soldiers are in the fort is because you have the "vcskip" attribute.
I don't know yet why and how you got that set, because it seems unintentional to me.

The reason why Chamfort doesn't show up is because you arrived too late as he is only there between 08:00 and 20:00.
Execute this through console to set it all right again after a reload:
Code:
   ch = CharacterFromID("Antoine Chamfort");
   LAi_SetLoginTime(ch, 0.0, 24.0);
   LAi_group_MoveCharacter(ch, "FRANCE_SOLDIERS");
I'll add that change to the next modpack update as well.

As for HOW you got that general "vcskip" attribute set, I have a few theories:
- Could have been set through the "Failed To Deliver Opium To Indians" case in the Apothecary sidequest
OR
- Here by Ines Diaz during the Standard Storyline:
Code:
    case "ines_denied_exit":
       AddQuestRecord("Blaze_search_Rheims", 3);
       DialogExit();
       NextDiag.CurrentNode =  NextDiag.TempNode;
       pchar.quest.main_line = "ines_info_denied";
       Locations[FindLocation("QC_town")].reload.l3.disable = 1;
       //включаем квест на мужика, который даст инфу о реймсе.
       pchar.vcskip = true; // NK 04-08
       pchar.quest.ines_denied_exit_from_tavern.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       pchar.quest.ines_denied_exit_from_tavern.win_condition.l1.location = "QC_town";
       pchar.quest.ines_denied_exit_from_tavern.win_condition = "ines_denied_exit_from_tavern_complete";
     break;

Based on your questbook, it seems you are close to that part of the storyline.
Did you by any chance talk about quest-related stuff to the Nevis Pirate Settlement Tavern Owner, then used Fast Reload to bypass the main town area?
If so, a quest case that was meant to trigger has not done so, which could explain this.

EDIT: Assuming this second one is what happened, I have changed the quest code a bit to avoid players skipping that bit in the future.
Hopefully that helps....

Did you by any chance talk about quest-related stuff to the Nevis Pirate Settlement Tavern Owner, then used Fast Reload to bypass the main town area?
Hm, to be honest I don't quite know what you mean :-(
But maybe I'm just still to hang over from yesterday :p

> quest-related stuff to the Nevis Pirate Settlement Tavern Owner
I'm pretty sure that I did talk to him; was it main-quest related I cannot say. At the main quest I'm at "Return the native art collection", so I'm not sure if this part you are referring to should already have happened or not, but I just went there to check and she doesn't have any "meaningful" conversation options...

> Fast Reload
You mean Fast Travel?

> bypass the main town area
ehm which town are we talking here? Port au Prince?
Because after talking to her father, I walked directly to the fort entrance in the jungle (not the fort entrance in the town).

cheers!

> quest-related stuff to the Nevis Pirate Settlement Tavern Owner
I'm pretty sure that I did talk to him; was it main-quest related I cannot say. At the main quest I'm at "Return the native art collection", so I'm not sure if this part you are referring to should already have happened or not, but I just went there to check and she doesn't have any "meaningful" conversation options...
It's a "her" in Nevis. ;)

I'm not very familiar anymore with the exact quests anymore either. Maybe @Talisman could confirm?

> Fast Reload
You mean Fast Travel?
Yep, Fast Travel. :yes

> bypass the main town area
ehm which town are we talking here? Port au Prince?
Because after talking to her father, I walked directly to the fort entrance in the jungle (not the fort entrance in the town).
I meant during the main quest in the Nevis Pirate Settlement.

Just trying to figure out HOW you can have gotten that "vcskip" attribute.
There aren't a lot of places that make use of it.

Execute this through console to set it all right again after a reload:
Code:
   ch = CharacterFromID("Antoine Chamfort");
   LAi_SetLoginTime(ch, 0.0, 24.0);
   LAi_group_MoveCharacter(ch, "FRANCE_SOLDIERS");
I'll try that as soon as possible. I'm not sure how long my PC is gonna work tonight, as we have a bad-ass storm on our hands :)

I see!
I can't recall, but as I'm pretty much always fast-traveling, this could very much have happened...
In that case I'll assume that is indeed what happened, which I have no prevented for future play-throughs.

To fully continue the quest, you MAY then still have to visit the main town area of the Nevis Pirate Settlement.
It could very well be that there is still a quest case waiting to execute there.

I'll try that as soon as possible. I'm not sure how long my PC is gonna work tonight, as we have a bad-ass storm on our hands :)
Don't blow up your computer!

Back