• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Finding Sharp

Keero

Landlubber
Hello!

I started playing the game about a week ago and I love it, but this is quest is driving me nuts. I started to play as a pirate and quickly I got this quest. In the pirate colony Jackmann told me to ask about Sharp in brothels. In Port Royale the lady in the brothel told me Sharp has gone to La Vega. In La Vega I couldn't find him anywhere. I asked everyone: shop clerk, pirate chief, tavern keeper, guards, people outside and in tavern, but no one has anything to say about Sharp.

After a while I started a new game, as a pirate again. Same story, but this time from the brothel I was sent back to Bermuda pirate colony. There I also asked everyone, but again no one had anything to say about Sharp. I tried to find clues here in the forums and people were telling to ask from the people in church. However pirate colonies don't have churches. Any piece of advice?

When the brothel madam tells you where to go, go there, and simply ask townspeople on the streets questions. They'll say something about Sharp leaving for another town. You go to that town and do the same thing. Rinse and repeat until you get to a town where they say you just missed him an hour ago, in which case you must leave immediately to catch his ship, or it's back to the brothels. I have not caught up with him yet in my current game, but a long while back I think I remember catching up with him fast enough to meet him in a town tavern rather than having to catch his ship.

The people in the churches are rich in gossip and always tell if sharp recently visited. Helped me alot

When the brothel madam tells you where to go, go there, and simply ask townspeople on the streets questions.

The problem is in my case that in pirate colonies, where I've been sent in both cases from the brothel, the townspeople don't have anything to say. Even if I ask that "may I have a question?" the only option is "never mind" or "maybe later" and the quest gets stuck.

ninjaedit: I loaded a savegame before I asked about sharp in the brothel. Every time I asked about him, I was sent into one of the pirate colonies either Bermuda, La Vega, Puerto Principe or Le Francois. I'm guessing it's because my nationality is pirate. I'll try Le Francois and see if I get different result

When the brothel madam tells you where to go, go there, and simply ask townspeople on the streets questions.

The problem is in my case that in pirate colonies, where I've been sent in both cases from the brothel, the townspeople don't have anything to say. Even if I ask that "may I have a question?" the only option is "never mind" or "maybe later" and the quest gets stuck.

ninjaedit: I loaded a savegame before I asked about sharp in the brothel. Every time I asked about him, I was sent into one of the pirate colonies either Bermuda, La Vega, Puerto Principe or Le Francois. I'm guessing it's because my nationality is pirate. I'll try Le Francois and see if I get different result

I can see why that would be a problem. No townspeople equals no answer about Sharp equals no progress in the quest. That said, nationality shouldn't matter too much. I started as Peter Blood, and I've been English and Dutch with him, but I usually end up getting sent to Spanish colonies in both cases.

I did end up catching him. I followed his trail to Belize, was told he just left, left Belize immediately. I was flying a Dutch flag, so the only other ship flying a Dutch flag in the port was his. I also started looking for him again and happened to catch him on the map. His ship had purple sails in the world map.

These things said, make sure when you're looking for Sharp that you have a fast ship, at the very largest a frigate, but preferably something like a brig. Don't have any other ships with you. When you finally catch him, and he gives you the pearl diver location, you have to leave immediately for that location to catch them. Sometimes you still won't get there in time if the wind is against you. Believe me, stealing pearls from pearl divers is a bit tricky in a Man-o-war. Using a brig, like the Sea Wolf, was much easier. You don't want other ships with you because they'll just sink the pearl divers' ships.

I can see why that would be a problem. No townspeople equals no answer about Sharp equals no progress in the quest. That said, nationality shouldn't matter too much. I started as Peter Blood, and I've been English and Dutch with him, but I usually end up getting sent to Spanish colonies in both cases.

I did end up catching him. I followed his trail to Belize, was told he just left, left Belize immediately. I was flying a Dutch flag, so the only other ship flying a Dutch flag in the port was his. I also started looking for him again and happened to catch him on the map. His ship had purple sails in the world map.

These things said, make sure when you're looking for Sharp that you have a fast ship, at the very largest a frigate, but preferably something like a brig. Don't have any other ships with you. When you finally catch him, and he gives you the pearl diver location, you have to leave immediately for that location to catch them. Sometimes you still won't get there in time if the wind is against you. Believe me, stealing pearls from pearl divers is a bit tricky in a Man-o-war. Using a brig, like the Sea Wolf, was much easier. You don't want other ships with you because they'll just sink the pearl divers' ships.

Thank you for the help and tips.

By loading a savegame, I tried getting another destination from the brothel about 20 times last night but I didn't manage to get any other destination than one of the pirate colonies. Now that I think of it, merchant quests have the same property, I never get sent to any other destination than one of the four pirate colonies (it would be pointless though since I can't dock in hostile places anyway).

I decided to postpone the quest until I get letter of marque for some nation and try then again. Wish me luck :D

Back