• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Finished the Tenochtitlan Quest

Fred Bob

Shrimping Fool
Staff member
Administrator
Fred Bob finally be a finishin' dat blasted Tenochtitlan Quest or thinks he done finished it unless thar be more! xD:

1. Fred Bob was one token short, but he be findin' they must work in pairs, because he was only able to initially place 8 of them! Couldn't find dat Totem #2 at San Juan del Note Bay! Went on a World Tour of Shops an' Street Merchants, but finally bought de last Token needed at Port De France. It worked just fine, so Fred Bob don't think it matters where ye git de Tenochtitlan Tokens. :onya

2. Swam de Labyrinth to get de special Token required for de Ceremonial Knife in de Temple of the Great Life Force from de Closed Chest. Fred Bob be a noticin' dat inside de Temple that there be a 2nd Closed Chest in de Temple. What be in this 2nd Closed Chest an' how does ye open it? Thar appear to be an extra Platform for placing a Token, so maybe this chest kin be opened. Fred Bob be a wonderin' if'n tha be yet another Token (a 15th) dat can be used for de Tenochtitlan Quest? :?

3. The Jade Skull CAN be snatched along with the Ceremonial Knife without fighting any body at all! When ye enter de Temple, just run like fire all de way in, snatch de Skull, razz de Death Dude, run to place de special Token, snatch de Ceremonial Knife, an' run like yer tail be on fire out of that place! This here Fred Bob done just for grins a second time. :woot

4. There be a buggy area in de Temple Plaza: the far left-hand and right-hand corners, where if ye cruise too close to some of de Obelisk thingies de game will crash with either a model or a geometry error. :facepalm

What tall tales an' yarns has ye other scurvy fellers got from Tenochtitlan? :cheeky

I finally managed to do this one last week or so.

I found that even though I had the totems I needed which I bought from street vendors, some didn't work!
Further investigation showed that if the totem is still showing up on the ground somewhere, you can't use it, so I had to go pick em up off the ground at a few places. (Okay, I cheated and searched the code and turned on locator view to find em...)

With fighting Mr Death, you NEED the critical perks, which do something like %50 of their remaining health per crit. So a couple of crits will take his 1000 hit points down to 500 then 250, where you can then kill him with normal hits.

To open the second chest, I think you have to finish the Ascold quest, where you find the key, but I haven't got to that yet.

Cheers,

Jonathan A.

With fighting Mr Death, you NEED the critical perks, which do something like %50 of their remaining health per crit. So a couple of crits will take his 1000 hit points down to 500 then 250, where you can then kill him with normal hits.
Dats de thang! :facepalm Ye don't even HAVE tew fight Mr. Death! :shrug Just run away back up de stairs an' eventually his final dialog will stop ye where he be sayin' "You win" an' ye be home free! :no Purty funny! xD:

To open the second chest, I think you have to finish the Ascold quest, where you find the key, but I haven't got to that yet.
Ah, de Ascold Quest! :eek: Fred Bob gotta be a doin' some research tew figger out how's tew git dat one started soon. :yes Right now he be a courtin' dat lass Isabella! :rolleyes:

Ah, de Ascold Quest! :eek: Fred Bob gotta be a doin' some research tew figger out how's tew git dat one started soon. :yes Right now he be a courtin' dat lass Isabella! :rolleyes:

Ahoy Fred Bob. Nice find with the 'grab and run' tactic. I did it the hard way and it was quite a fight! At times I ran out of antidote potions and had to go back to my ship to fetch new ones. BTW after the quest is finished, you can come back and be finding the Aztec warriors do respawn! Your officers will not enter the pyramid, so it's you and you alone. This way you can increase your fighting skills.

Yep, Isabella is a nice lad. Enjoy while it lasts ;) My marriage did only last for 3 month :( Just one hint: don't ever go whoring... she'll find out... :(

To open the second chest you need +20 repair totem. I found only one such totem inside the closed actec temple (near the pearl divers village).
Unfortunately when you open this chest you probably will be disappointed. It simply has large quantities of the common actec stuff - which you probably will have already in abundance anyway. It also has 12 rad god totems but you need only 5 rat god totems so they are completely useless (you get 2 totems from COAS, 1 from the whores, 1 from Flying Dutchman and 1 from pearl divers quest plus you may get such totems fram random treasure too). Actually the +20 repair totem is more precious then all the stuff from the second chest.
As for the Death God Skull - it is very hard to find something which is more useless then it:-( If you revive an officer all his stuff is gone, so you must loot it first. But you 1. may not be able to carry that much and must transfer soem stuff to the other officers; and 2. if you have actec totems when you loot the body the duplicate totems will disappear whch still force you to transfer stuff to the other officers... Much more easier jsut to reload.
If there is a vote for the stupidest devs decsion the game this probably will win the top place.

Ahoy Fred Bob. Nice find with the 'grab and run' tactic. I did it the hard way and it was quite a fight! At times I ran out of antidote potions and had to go back to my ship to fetch new ones. BTW after the quest is finished, you can come back and be finding the Aztec warriors do respawn! Your officers will not enter the pyramid, so it's you and you alone. This way you can increase your fighting skills.
Arrr, steelrat! :p2 First time Fred Bob got hisself mobbed by dem Aztecs an' died real fast! :facepalm Second time ol' Fred Bob came in wid lots o' potions and fought dem fellers slowly, 3 at a time! :yes Slaughter the first three, creep fo'ard, shoot one from afar, run back tew de narrow doorway, slaughter the next three, creep fo'ard agin, etc. 'til all Injuns be dead! ;) Bein' level 38, ol' Fred Bob's Peter Blood made quick werk o' Mr. Death! :onya Third time, Fred Bob used his olde Quaker Exploit larned from PotC days in de Incan Temple: Keep yer sword in yer sheath an' jus' run for it! :hmm

To open the second chest you need +20 repair totem. I found only one such totem inside the closed actec temple (near the pearl divers village).
Unfortunately when you open this chest you probably will be disappointed. It simply has large quantities of the common actec stuff - which you probably will have already in abundance anyway. It also has 12 rad god totems but you need only 5 rat god totems so they are completely useless (you get 2 totems from COAS, 1 from the whores, 1 from Flying Dutchman and 1 from pearl divers quest plus you may get such totems fram random treasure too). Actually the +20 repair totem is more precious then all the stuff from the second chest.
Hmm, I've got 4 of those +20 repair totems, found 3 of em in COAS (while diving I think). I'll go give em a go!

As for the Death God Skull - it is very hard to find something which is more useless then it:-( If you revive an officer all his stuff is gone, so you must loot it first. But you 1. may not be able to carry that much and must transfer soem stuff to the other officers; and 2. if you have actec totems when you loot the body the duplicate totems will disappear whch still force you to transfer stuff to the other officers... Much more easier jsut to reload.
If there is a vote for the stupidest devs decsion the game this probably will win the top place.
I've got a fix for that losing all their stuff problem. I'll add it to the mod pack after a bit more testing.

Jonathan A.

I've got a fix for that losing all their stuff problem. I'll add it to the mod pack after a bit more testing.

Jonathan A.

Maybe it is worth fixing also you cannot have more then 1 from the aztecs totems. There is simple workaround it (you can give multiply totems to the officers) so it is realy a nuisance not a feature.
About the +20 repair totems in COAS I didn't find such but they may be random or maybe I simply missed the chest. But I guess if not modded you can keep only 1 from them too.

Jonathan be a sayin' ye needs a key obtained as part o' de Ascold Quest! :dance

Handel says ye needing a special Totem! :doff

Arrrgh! :modding

Who Fred Bob gonna be a believin' here, mateys?! :shrug

Has either o' ye gents actually opened de Second Chest?! :wp

Please be a spellin' it out fer ol' Fred Bob! :hmm

EDIT: Umm, re-readin' it be lookin' like ol' Handel done did open dat blasted 2nd chest! :cheeky

Jonathan be a sayin' ye needs a key obtained as part o' de Ascold Quest! :dance

Handel says ye needing a special Totem! :doff

Arrrgh! :modding

Who Fred Bob gonna be a believin' here, mateys?! :shrug

Has either o' ye gents actually opened de Second Chest?! :wp

Please a spellin' it out fer ol' Fred Bob! :hmm

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=core&module=search&do=quick_search&search_filter_app[forums]=1

I think the totem might be the "key". And I think that the closed aztec temple where Handel found it is part of the Ascold quest, so we're both right!

But I haven't done that quest yet, so go with Handel's advice!

I think the totem might be the "key". And I think that the closed aztec temple where Handel found it is part of the Ascold quest, so we're both right!

Ascold's quest is taken from stores right?
I've tried to talk with a lot of stores, but i always get the quest where you have to transport some stuffs..
I think you only need to be lucky there, right?

Ascold's quest is taken from stores right?
I've tried to talk with a lot of stores, but i always get the quest where you have to transport some stuffs..
I think you only need to be lucky there, right?

It seems you can get it only when you "refuse" to transport goods. Also it is a random trader so it may happen to be one of the traders in an enemy towns.

i really have a har time with this totem stuff.
when i was given this quest frm montzuma,i wrote down all the names of the totem,in case i got the wrong totem.
then i collect 9 of them. since i can't find one remaining (in san juan del norte ), i bought a totem from the merchant.
the problem is, the totem i bought is the totem i already posses. i tried to place it in the temple,but i can't find that 'hand cursor' meaning that i dont have th right totem for that temple.
another problem,totem i found in tortuga turned out to be the wrong totem,since the totem's name's different from the list given by montezuma. so to speak, i had only 8 totems now.
i tried to buy it from street merchant while searching for mummy powder,but no trace of totem and i kept harrassing the merchant with mummy question haha..
is there any way to find the other totem?? really getting pissed of with this ..

i really have a har time with this totem stuff.
when i was given this quest frm montzuma,i wrote down all the names of the totem,in case i got the wrong totem.
then i collect 9 of them. since i can't find one remaining (in san juan del norte ), i bought a totem from the merchant.
the problem is, the totem i bought is the totem i already posses. i tried to place it in the temple,but i can't find that 'hand cursor' meaning that i dont have th right totem for that temple.
another problem,totem i found in tortuga turned out to be the wrong totem,since the totem's name's different from the list given by montezuma. so to speak, i had only 8 totems now.
i tried to buy it from street merchant while searching for mummy powder,but no trace of totem and i kept harrassing the merchant with mummy question haha..
is there any way to find the other totem?? really getting pissed of with this ..

There is a bug with one of the totems. Sometimes, for unknown reason, he is not accepted although it is the correct totem. I remember I spent two hours trying to put it and then reloaded. Went for this totem first and this time it was accepted. If I remember correctly it was the totem at the 2nd or 3rd place from the right side (but may be wrong).
Bacisly there are 15 totems in the game. Three of them don't give any bonuses, Two of the totems are unique and there are only one piece of each - one is used to remove the fire from the bridge (and it is useless if you did this the other way) and the other gives +20 repair and can be found ONLY inside the Aztec temple near the pearl divers village after the temple is opened from the Ascold quest. This totem opens a chest from inside the main Tenochitlan temple but at the time when you will be able to do this the stuff from the chest will be useless so maybe you should decide to keep the totem instead.
All the other 10 totems can be randomly bought from the merchants and they do give bonuses. So you can be absolutely sure - ALL THE TOTEMS (besides the unique totem with +20 repair) which give bonuses should be put in the slots. If someone is not accepted reload and put it first.

I'm stuck myself. I have 13 totems. I need the camaxtli for the first part of the quest but cannot find it. I thoroughly searched thru each of the ten locations where they are supposed to be found and no totems were there?

Well, if you have the two totems for the bridge, you don't need the other one to turn off the fire at the end of the crossing; once you place the two totems the fire will turn off.

I managed to get across the bridge and tried placing the 10 totems in the pyramids like the Aztec told me, but only one two temples accepted my totems, the rest won't accept my totems? I found one totem and 2 siilver cups at the end of a labryinth. The other labryinth was an empty box. 4 pyramids have graphic shapes for doors but no door or open symbol appears on any of them. One pyramid has an empty room with a pile of skulls in the middle with nothing to do or open or place there?

I seem to be stuck now with 9 unusable totems.

Back