• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

First major patch for beta 2?

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
Hey, I'm just curious, when is it planned to have the first major patch to beta 2?

Probably when Pieter gets back from being at sea. Another month or two, if I recall correctly.

Actually, it's just one more month to go. I don't seem to have much content for a Patch though at the moment, especially not actual fixes.
The only thing that's been released that I can think of is the Empress. Other than that, I'm not sure what should be put in the patch. :facepalm

I've been trying to keep tabs on what will probably go into the next patch, but there's a few things I may have missed.
Here's what I've listed so far, in short:
  • A few texture upgrades to various ships - Armada
  • Improved merchant and personal flags for the last three game periods - Captain Armstrong
  • Various rigging upgrades - Hylie Pistoff (plus a couple of model upgrades - Armada)
  • New ship models: Empress (IRF and LS, pending stats refinement), Prince de Neufchatal (Cap'n Armstrong, pending code work) and possibly others, depending on completion.

hmm, well, we should put more work towards more bug fixes then, making it a small bug-fixer patch wouldn't be a bad idea, it would make the light version quick to download at least :) Maybe some work towards the capture colonies mod if we can get any coders to polish it up really quick.

I've uploaded a small bugfix pack and another one is coming later.
Nothing important.

hmm, well, we should put more work towards more bug fixes then, making it a small bug-fixer patch wouldn't be a bad idea, it would make the light version quick to download at least :) Maybe some work towards the capture colonies mod if we can get any coders to polish it up really quick.
Making a patch consisting exclusively of fixes would be fine, if it weren't for the new content and upgrades I have listed above.
It's a convenient way of gathering people's hard work together to distribute it all in one go, rather than having many separate downloads.
Besides, much of Hylie's rigging work, for instance, isn't about making ships look pretty. It's about historical accuracy where possible,
but also trying to reduce the number of errors which could cause technical problems, such as the Graphical Anomalies, so it's two fixes in one.

I still highly doubt we'll get a coder interested in fixing Capture Colonies for a while yet. The mod is exciting, but the coding is a chore that no-one wants to do... :facepalm
I've also noticed that the actual instructions on how to add the locators to the locations are not very clearly laid out or easy to read, which is off-putting if anything.
Someone, probably meaning me, should really rewrite the instructions in a clear and concise way which is accessible to the less code-savvy members among us.

Hmm, well ive been thinking that some encounter stats for ships could use adjusting, along with giving a few different types more accurate max gun calibers- I could try to do that before the next patch? :hmm I have two ships(Volage and Revolutionnaire) awaiting code work and locators from Craiggo, but I still haven't heard anything back from him about their status yet, so idk if they will be ready in time. :shrug I also am working on Kriswood's Centurion and my next ship (soon to be revealed) but they aren't as close to being ready as the other two.

We definitely shouldn't make one file with only fixes and one with also new ship models; different versions always cause trouble. Talking from experience here. :facepalm

Indeed I do remember adding some fixes by Jack Rackham into my game, but if I recall those are mainly storyline ones. Right?

The Town Capture locators should be done for the most part already by Talisman. Unfortunately there's a bunch of issues he wasn't able to figure out either. :modding

Hmm, well ive been thinking that some encounter stats for ships could use adjusting, along with giving a few different types more accurate max gun calibers- I could try to do that before the next patch? :hmm
If you could arrange some better encounter chances and/or calibre use, that would be most welcome.
See the "Ship Encounter Chances Correction" thread for any progress made already. I did say I'd continue it, but never got round to it. :rolleyes:

I still highly doubt we'll get a coder interested in fixing Capture Colonies for a while yet. The mod is exciting, but the coding is a chore that no-one wants to do... :facepalm
I've also noticed that the actual instructions on how to add the locators to the locations are not very clearly laid out or easy to read, which is off-putting if anything.
Someone, probably meaning me, should really rewrite the instructions in a clear and concise way which is accessible to the less code-savvy members among us.

:yes

Those instructions do need looking at - they are not that complicated once you try them - the main problem I found when doing the locators for the capture colonies mod was that the figures for the coordinates that you got from the console were in a different sequence from the input sequence that you have to use in TOOL - it was therefore very easy to accidently create locators that were " outside " the model - I think this might have been the reason of some of the locator problems in the past.

In many cases I ended up cheating and just copied & used locators that already existed and were sensibly placed.

:cheers

The main thing for that mod is fixing the interface along with all the little remaining bugs. If anyone here knows a coder who's not on this site, try and get them on here.

the capture colony is indeed hard and i am more on other bugs like artois voisey "unkillable"

{anyone already made the artois voisey fix ?} [FIXED]

my interest of bug hunting is more in models/weapons/periods and standard storyline quests

i will have 3 months holidays in some weeks, i will have much more time to hunt most "regular" bugs :)

also im interested in capture colony because i want to understand how to fix the bridgetown siege in standard storyline (because just appearing in port, and getting no help in town fight (just 3 weak men, daniel not fighting... against like 10 english soldier)

its for example more logical to get by forest or put back the siege by sea :/

Back