• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

First Post

Fred Bob

Shrimping Fool
Staff member
Administrator
Fred Bob got him de first post!
danse1.gif

Does dis be a meanin' dat Keith be a thinkin' dis one might be big?! :?

probably though i never could get into the games myself,just not good at trading i guess :shrug
actually,not very good at any aspect of these games truth be told but trading is my major weakness
probably why i like potc's and coas's trading systems so much,just lvl up that skill and make quadrillions :razz

Or dump everything overboard before reaching port and confuse the heck out of your crew.

"Cap'n! What're ye doin' thet fer?!"

"'Cause I likes the sound it makes when it hits the water!" :wacko:

From what I've been able to gather from their main site . The trade and economy will be basically the same as the old version ( thankfully) . It is to be more of a cosmetic update than anything . Oh I'm sure they will change a few things in the game play . but it looks like they don't intend to dumb it down . Like so many other game developers seem to be doing . :doff

Hey guys.
I have here some informations and i hope I can translate good enough for you:

Basics

Allgemeines
- P3 soll im 3. Quartal Jahr 2010 erscheinen
- P3 soll eine ähnlich Spieltiefe wie P2 haben
- P3 soll in den Bereichen Grafik, Technik, Interface, Bedienung etc. an die Ansprüche im Jahr 2010 angepasst werden
- Das Spiel soll auf 2 Jahre alten Aldi-PC's perfekt laufen (und darüber hinaus noch auf älteren Kisten mit abgeschalteten Details.

General
- Releasedate is the 3rd quater 2010
- Game complexness is like P2
- In the domains graphic, technic, interface, operating etc, P3 (outside Ger P4) will be updated to the actual requirements
- The game will be runnig in max details, on 2 y.o. discounter PC´s and on older towers of course with lower details
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einstiegsfreundlichkeit
- P3 soll nicht nur Kenner der früheren WiSims sondern auch neue User ansprechen. P3 muss eigenständig und ohne Vorkenntnisse funktionieren.
- P3 muss einstiegsfreundlich sein. Tutorial, Spielhilfen und die gesamte Bedienung muss so intuitiv sein, dass man leicht in das Spiel rein kommt
- Ein Handbuch wird es geben, dieses darf aber nicht wichtig sein für den Spieleinstieg.
- Die Komplexität darf anfangs nicht zu groß sein; sie muss im Verlauf des Spiels zunehmen.

first time user friendliness
- P4 will be not only a game for progamer older economy sim´s but also for new Patrician gamer. P4 will be playeble without any previous knowledge.
- P4 will be first time user friendly. Tutorials, helpinfos and the hole operating system can be used intuitively, so you can find easily into the game
- A user guide is in the game, but it is not necessary for first-time players
- The game complexity at start will be low and grow up with playtime
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kompliziertheit gegen Komplexität
Im Vordergrund steht die Spieltiefe. Patrizier ist Anfangs ein Handelsspiel (billig kaufen, euer verkaufen) und wird später vom Mechanismus her ein Transportoptimierungsspiel. Der Spieler hat es später mit vielen Konvois und Städten zu tun. Daraus folgt für mich:
- Der Handel muss sehr intuitiv sein
- Die automatischen Handelsrouten müssen einfach zu bedienen sein und trotzdem viel Einstellmöglichkeiten bieten (vgl. Port Royale 2)
- Da der Spieler ein großes Unternehmen managen muss, darf es nichts geben, was die Aufmerksamkeit des Spielers erzwingt (z.B. Angriffe auf Städte durch den Landesfürsten und Seeschlachten müssen auch ohne zutun des Spielers funktionieren).
- Ãœber Features, die mit der Spielwelt nicht viel zu tun haben (z.B. Expeditionen) oder die zu kleinteilig sind (Kredite, Badhaus...) sollten wir uns unterhalten.

complicate vs complex
- In foreground stand the game complexity. At start P4 is an econ.simulation (buy in cheaply and sell expensiv) but later you have to optimize your transport routs. The player will have many convoy´s and cities in the later game time, so the game have to:
  • an intuitive trading system
  • the automaticly trading routs have to an easy control system, but also many settings (like Port Royal 2)
  • of course the player have to manage a huge enterprise, so there haven´t to be anything, who needs the player for running (city invasions from the dukes oder seafights have to running without any orders from the player)
  • Over features which are not a fix part of the game world (like expetitions) oder which are to small (like bathhouse odr credits) the developers are thinking about

Customizing, Editoren, Modding
Wir werden es nicht schaffen, zu P3 einen Karteneditor o.Ä. herauszubringen. Allerdings arbeiten wir viel mit ini-Dateien, so dass die Community auf diese Weise deutlich mehr Änderungen vornehmen kann, als dies mit einem Karteneditor möglich wäre. Außerdem werden sich die Startbedingungen individueller zu Spielbeginn anpassen lassen (dies habe ich mir als Must-Have notiert, nachdem ich mir frühere Vorschläge im Forum durchgelesen habe).

Customizing, Editors, Modding
We (the developers) haven´t the time to create a map-editor or somthing like this for P4. But we will working much with "ini"-datas, so the commnunity has the possebility to change the game easilier, as with a map-editor it´s possible.
The game-start-settings will also be changeble easilier, to personal wishes. (I (a lead-developer) have note this as a "must-have", after I read older suggestion in the P4-board)

Mehrspieler
Wir werden für P3 keinen MP-Modus anbieten, die Grundlagen werden aber implementiert. So könnte in einem MP-Patch oder einer Fortsetzung der MP-Modus nachgeliefert werden. Mir fällt aber beim Besten Willen nicht ein, wie ein sinnvoller MP-Modus für P3 aussehen soll. Klar, es gibt ein paar coole Sachen, die man machen kann. Aber ein MP-Modus ist aufwändig. Den baut man ein, wenn dadurch mehr User das Spiel kaufen. Das sehe ich noch nicht. Es wird dazu einen Thementhread geben.

Multiplayer
We (the developer) don´t develop a MP-Mode, but the basic for this will be included. So it it possible, that we work later on a "Multiplayer"Patch, so the game will have an MP later. But I (a lead developer) have no idea, how an expedient MP for P4 have to look like. Off course, there are many cool things, we can do, but a MP is an extensice work. This is a part we will develop, when more people will buy the game for this one. But I don´t think this. It will be started a themethread for it.

AddOn
Für P3 muss es erstmal darum gehen, P2 zu modernisieren. Es darf nicht darum gehen, die Zahl der Features zu erhöhen, sondern darum, bei den bestehenden aufzuräumen und die Spieltiefe zu erhalten oder zu vergrößern (im säteren Spielverlauf, nicht zu Beginn). Sonst wird die Entwicklung nämlich zeitlich knapp. Allerdings steht uns natürlich noch die Möglichkeit eines AddOns zur Verfügung, das wir gerne auch gleich mitplanen können.

AddOn
At first we work to modernize P2. It is not our target to implement more features, but to clean up the existing and to save or to grow up the game complexility (in the later time of playing, not at start). The Reason ist our small range of developtime. But of course, there are many possebilities for Addon´s and we can planning it synchronous.

source: http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/patrizier-4-other-games/offtopic/allgemein/p592741-f27/#post592741
-> http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/patrizier-4-other-games/offtopic/allgemein/p593427-f27/#post593427

to be continued...

Cheers Prae :) Good to see it will be out soon

Patrician 3 was a great game and im looking forward to patrician 4. but the game isnt just trading(although its the point of the game ;) ) in patrician 3 you could raise a pirate flag and plunder ships

Back