• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixing Models to Promotions

aviator543

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Does anyone know how to make differant models promotion rewards? i tryed changing the NK in the program folder but that didnt work

It helps if:
a) you give the game version your running
b) you say which storyline you are doing

im runnin build 14 with the CM v2 RTBL patch and i was just speakin in general, didnt know you had to change stuff for all the campaigns. lets say the LaCroix missions and when workin for spain. i just think i would be good to get the dif uniforms when you get promoted instead of havin to get them from the shop

Build 14 with CM v2 RTBL :shock

First of all Build 14 isnt a specific version there is a number of major versions (starting with Alpha 9 and finishing with Beta 1)

They are character specific not storyline specific, if you want to change the model for spain though go to this section in NK.c:
Code:
		case SPAIN:
switch(GetRank(pchar, GetCurrentLocationNation()))
{
case 1: // Alferez
if(pchar.model == "blaze")				GiveModel2Player("47_Blaze_spain", true);
if(pchar.model == "depp")				GiveModel2Player("47_Sparrow_spain", true);
break;
case 2: // Seg.-Tenente
GiveItem2Character(pchar,"blade33"+qual); // Moorish Saber
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar,"blade33"+qual);
break;
case 3: // Teniente
break;
case 4: // Capitan de Corbeta
break;
case 5: // Capitan de Fragata
break;
case 6: // Capitan de Navio
GiveItem2Character(pchar,"blade14"+qual); // Spanish Nobility Longsword
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar,"blade14"+qual);
break;
case 7: // Contra Almirante
break;
case 8: // Vice Almirante
break;
case 9: // Almirante
break;
case 10: // Capitan General
break;
case 11: // Almirante General
break;
case 12: // Almirante de Armada Espanola
break;
}
break;
Just add a
Code:
GiveModel2Player("*MODEL NAME*", true);
to each case you want a new model and as you get promoted to that level it will change the model. [NEW GAME REQUIRED (Im pretty sure)]

NOTE: CM v2 RTBL is a CoAS mod and will stuff your game up (as it will add some ships that dont exist and remove others that do) I suggest a complete reinstall of the Build

is CM v2 RTBL really a CoAS mod? i got the link from this site im sure lol ok thanx il do a re-install and its the beta 1 im runnin

It is on this site, this site has mods from all PotC, AoP and CoAS...

The only mod for PotC is the Build mod and Beta 1 is the way to go ;)

cant remember where i found it to be honest and ye its the way forward, i wasnt really into this game till i started playin this mod. you guys have made the game a 100 times better oh and thanx for pointin the CM error out, the game has bein crashin alot but i just put up with it cos i like the game so much

right well that thing you told me to do worked but not the way i wanted it to lol. it replaces the clothes your wearin, i want to add the new clothes not replace my old ones. is there anyway to change it?

Instead of true at the end of the line have false, this gives you the item but doesnt put them on ;)

Instead of true at the end of the line have false, this gives you the item but doesnt put them on ;)

thats workin great, im guna start settin the uniforms up now. im still gettin alot of crashes, il tell you exactly how. after a few hours of playin when i talk to ppl ie traders, shipwrights and basicly anyone that opens a new window up the game freezes. some times it will unfreeze its self but most of the time it wont. also if i hit the x3 button to speed the game up after afew seconds the grathics start to glitch, i get wild silver lines all over the screen then it crashes and finally it randomly crashes every now and then when i change screens. maybe its just me cos i havnt seen any ppl havin the same problems

Your system specs look all good I have to say :wacko:

It still is sounding really bizzare though, how did you install it?

Your system specs look all good I have to say :wacko:

It still is sounding really bizzare though, how did you install it?

just the normal way strait off the cds then the b14 beta1 with the self extract and install then copyed the Jan fixes in. are there any official patches out for this game?

oh ye i tryed settin the uniforms up and when there is no existin code for a promotion it works fine

eg. case 10: // Admiral
GiveModel2Player("britadm1_18", false);
break;

but when there is somthin like this

case 1: // Midshipman
switch(GetAttribute(pchar,"model"))
{
case "cnorrington": GiveModel2Player("Mdnorrington", true); break;
case "blaze": GiveModel2Player("47_Blaze_brtmds", true); break;
switch(rand(2))
{
case 0: GiveModel2Player("rn_mdshp18_1", true); break;
case 1: GiveModel2Player("rn_mdshp18_2", true); break;
case 2: GiveModel2Player("rn_mdshp18_3", true); break;
}
GiveModel2Player("britmds2_18", false);
}
break;

it wont give me the uniform, am i doin somthin wrong? it also wont give you the uniform if there is an item bein given on the same promotion

have you runed runme.bat after instaling B14beta1 and before instaling fixes?

ye after the installer finished it asked if i wanted to fun it so i did. it did say at the beginin that it couldnt find some files, maybe i got a bad download

You did install Beta 1 FULL? :shock

As for that bit of code just add /* at the top of it and */ at the bottom so that it looks like this
Code:
/*switch(GetAttribute(pchar,"model"))
{
switch(rand(2))
{
}*/
}
break;

You did install Beta 1 FULL? :shock

As for that bit of code just add /* at the top of it and */ at the bottom so that it looks like this
Code:
/*switch(GetAttribute(pchar,"model"))
{
switch(rand(2))
{
}*/
}
break;

ye im usin the full beta1 and when i try to run the game usin that code it says runtime error
Iv changed it to this:

switch(GetAttribute(pchar,"model"))
/*{
switch(rand(2))
{
}
}*/
{
GiveModel2Player("britmds_18", false);
}
break;

the game runs now but will the code still work properly?

I know why as well, not why your game is completely stuffed just the runtime error ;)

If you dont care about what character gets what model just get rid of everything in between case and break; and add in that single line

I know why as well, not why your game is completely stuffed just the runtime error ;)

If you dont care about what character gets what model just get rid of everything in between case and break; and add in that single line

well thats finaly workin, dont know if the norington and blaze is still workin but im guessin its fine and i cant be bothered testin it right now lol. one last thing mate and il stop botherin you lol atleast for a few days. is there anyway of givin the player a ship on promotion like a commission. so to delete the old ship and create a brig or somethin at the cpt lvl

Back