• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Nigel Blythe quest

rodrikes

Landlubber
Hey guys,

I've been replaying the game again (vanilla, because I don't like some of the changes that come with the NH mod), and I'm currently stuck with the Nigel Blythe quest. I know that this quest is known to bug out but no matter how often I reload and do things differently I just can't seem to get it to progress on its own.

I have managed to get find him on Oxbay and deliver the cargo to Isla muelle, but as soon as i go to Conceicao he just vanishes. I'm fairly certain that he's supposed to be in the tavern at this point but no matter what I do he won't show up. Old threads that I found on here with a simple google search weren't really helpful.

Does anyone know how to fix this quest? I'd like to finish it for once.

Solved for now, I had to change some code.

I'll copy what I did here to make it easier to find:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_reaction.c
find
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), "Conceicao_tavern", "sit", "sit12");

change to
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Nigel Blythe"), "Conceicao_tavern", "sit", "sit7"); // skull

Also, PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Jacinto Arcibaldo Barreto_dialog.c
find
Code:
if (CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win_win") || CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win"))
{
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT<15>;
link.l1.go = "garri";
}

change to
Code:
if (CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win_win") || CheckQuestAttribute("nigel_con_parri_checker", "win"))
{
link.l2 = DLG_TEXT<15>; // Skull
link.l2.go = "garri"; // Skull
}

--------------------

Where I found this: Ellaybe Island Forum

Glad to see you managed to find a fix! :cheers

I don't like some of the changes that come with the NH mod
Could I ask which bits you don't like?
If there isn't a toggle on those yet, perhaps those would be easy to add.
We always want to support everyone getting the game experience that they themselves prefer. :doff

Back