• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixing the Ship Berthing Mod

What would you prefer for fixing shipberthing in port?

• Reload to next town location after shipberthing in port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only allow shipberthing in shipyard (or other location)

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters

Screwface

Flibustier
Storm Modder
Hi all,

I'm actually working on fixing the ship berthing mod ! I succeeded to fix problems in but there is one problem which remains hard to fix ! The game crashes at the exit interface when you berth a ship as you are in a port location !
As i actually don't know why it crashes even if i suppose that's perhaps the fact the program try to berth a ship who is physically loaded at the location model, i found 2 ways to avoid this crash :

1. Reload the player to an other location like the next town location or the local tavern. This "fasttravel" would only be done if player berthed a ship as he was in port location, not in others ! This way can looks a bit odd for players !

2. Only allow the player to berth ships when he are in the local shipyard location ! Player should go to the shipyard to berth or relaunch his ships ! For my part, that's the solution i prefer !

So i would like to know which solution most players would prefer to have in game ? :keith

Thanks a lot for working on this, Screwface! I'm sure people will greatly appreciate this mod working again. :onya

This is great news. :woot

I prefer the shipyard location, as I can then sell any berthed ships I no longer need, after having captured a better one, to shipyard owner. :onya

I have missed this mod a lot, as without it creating a fleet of Class 1 ships to attack Bridgetown Fort in Standard Storyline (paying crew & buying supplies) and having them at sea all the time cost a great deal of money and effort.

This would be great to get working again, I love collecting the different kinds of ships and always preferred berthing a ship that I wasn't presently using to selling it. Thanks for working on this Screwface, I look forward to seeing this back in the Build. :onya

Just an idea - but perhaps works:

If berthing in port, do a fast travel - but not to tavern, but port again. So the location should get reloaded, too, and the problem is avoided.

Fast travel to another place than port (if not working), I would not appreciate - then I opt for the shipyard...

(hope this is not too late...)

I suggested that to Screwface a while before, but apparently it crashes even then. :shrug

Back