• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Fixing the Signage

Armada, while I totally agree that the new Worldmap is VASTLY more important than this, I was just wondering if you had those separate sign posts still on your to-do list.
If not, that's also fine. It IS working properly as we've got it now. :yes

Still on my to-do list, yes. They're next, don't worry. You're supposed to be on holiday. :razz

I've just gone through all town locations and made all wrong signs transparent. So that should be the end of this one.
Adding new signs would be nice, but I don't think it is worth the trouble. So we can call this one "Solved".

Cool. I assume you haven't seen any adverse effects of doing that?

Hopefully I'll get the jungle signs sorted soon, and then we can leave this topic for a while. :onya

Cool. I assume you haven't seen any adverse effects of doing that?
Nope, no adverse effects that I have found. I doubt there are any.
The files involved are purely for the signs and only in the nation-specific texture folders.

Hopefully I'll get the jungle signs sorted soon, and then we can leave this topic for a while. :onya
The jungle signs do already work fine. As far as I'm concerned, you might as well leave it altogether. I care more about Cartagena.
And some of the new islands, such as Antigua and Saint Martin, perhaps could use re-exporting because the sun/moon shine right through them. :facepalm

And some of the new islands, such as Antigua and Saint Martin, perhaps could use re-exporting because the sun/moon shine right through them. :facepalm

Ah, I remember Antigua having a collision problem with the 3rd person ship camera, so this is probably linked to it.

It seems it IS possible to place GM files on locators. Just ran into this piece of coding in Cartagena:
Code:
  Locations[n].models.always.tree = "tree";
   Locations[n].models.always.tree.locator.group = "locator";
   Locations[n].models.always.tree.locator.name = "001";
That opens up possibilities if we ever want to place more signs.

Back