• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Flag and relations error

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Some thing relay weird is going on, in this savegame, with flag and relations.
Just spotted it, may by I could explain it better later on.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea March 13th, 1752 1.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
But either they'll ignore it or they REALLY won't like it (can't remember which of the two it is;
Yesterday by accident, I hit a ship from my own nation. Consequence: Drop down from 305 points to -61 points.

That was manually aimed though, right?
In a way, I misinterpreted some Portuguese ships to be Spanish ( the flags look very similar in that period,
and the spyglass says the were sailing in Spanish ships. BTW: I dont thing there was flags on the ships using
the spyglass.) So I manually fires on them and suddenly all the English ships fires on me.
This was the reason for the wrong bug report I posted last night.:unsure

So it was indeed a manual fire. That is indeed one of the main ways to turn friendly nations hostile.

Sometimes the Different Flags mod doesn't work quite right, so flags may not be there or in the wrong place.
I have no idea how often that happens, but I do know I'm not even going to try to fix it. That mod is a royal pain.
To be certain, it is probably safer to use the "nation" marker in the bottom of the spyglass screen or Sail-To menu instead.

Back