• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Flag does not change if you switch to another F2 section

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
While at sea, press F2, go to "Relations", and change flag. Still in the F2 screen, switch to another tab - perhaps "Characters", then assign a perk, for example. Now switch to main view, and your flag is still the original one. And then go to F2 -> "Relations", which shows the flag to which you switched.

And that's why, having been near Guadeloupe but nowhere near the port, I raised a French flag, used "Sail-To" to get to the port (which was displayed on the "Sail-To" menu as the port, not the fort), then was attacked by the fort because the ship still showed a Spanish flag. (In the "Ardent" storyline, Spain is hostile to France.)

it does work if you go to f2 -> relation and change it and exit the interface?

There is code in the Nation Relation interface to prevent calls to update the visible flags unless there is actually a change.
Apparently that does not get called when switching tabs then.

it does work if you go to f2 -> relation and change it and exit the interface?
Yes. Change flag, exit interface entirely -> the flag is updated as it should be. The problem is only if you change flag and then switch to another tab in the F2 interface without exiting first.

It should be easy enough to replicate. I found it to be 100% consistent. ;)

Probably some code missing in the exit case which is used to change interface

@imado552 or @Tingyun or @Grey Roger could you test this file?
Place it in:
PROGRAM\interface\

Change your flag in the F2 relations screen and exit the interface and see if it is actually changed. (This was the case before already but need to know it still works)
Now change your flag in the F2 relations screen and go to an other screen first. After that exit the interface and see if the flag is changed. (This wasn't the case before)
Please also check if it is updated right in the interface afterward.

Also keep an eye out for errors in the errorlog

I'm away from my game so I can't test this.

Attachments

• NationRelation.c
    27.4 KB · Views: 55
@imado552 or @Tingyun or @Grey Roger could you test this file?
Place it in:
PROGRAM\interface\

Change your flag in the F2 relations screen and exit the interface and see if it is actually changed. (This was the case before already but need to know it still works)
Now change your flag in the F2 relations screen and go to an other screen first. After that exit the interface and see if the flag is changed. (This wasn't the case before)
Please also check if it is updated right in the interface afterward.

Also keep an eye out for errors in the errorlog

I'm away from my game so I can't test this.
i never had this problem !! everything works smooth for me but sure i will test it for you man!!!

okay i did a test Levis and it works fine i tried changing the flag from relations screen then exited it changed then i tried changing it again then went to see many other screens and it worked i tried it severely times more it worked perfectly !!
hope i helped !!

Back