• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flagmodding

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
Hey mates, I think of the following way to get your own flag:

As you all may know, on the flagall_ship tex are some not-use flags and in the rigging.ini file the nation flagtex is defined

[FLAGS]

; TEXTURE PARAMETERS
TextureName = flagall_ship.tga
TextureCount = 10
EnglandPennonTex = 0
SpanishPennonTex = 0
FrenchPennonTex = 0
PiratePennonTex = 0
EnglishFlagTex = 1
SpanishFlagTex = 4
FrenchFlagTex = 2
PirateFlagTex = 5
PortugalFlagTex = 3
DatchFlagTex = 0

I want to edit this function: SetCharacterPerk(pchar, "FlagHol");

instead of setting tex 0 in the normal way, I want the game to sett for example tex 3, which is not used in the game (exchange that with my own tex-part)

How can I do that? Has anyone an idea????

What I have in mind, is something like an IF-function, like

DatchFlagTex = 0 (if (pchar, "FlagHol") set tex 3)

Could this work, if someone knows how to formulate this correctly?

Is there no one who can help me creating a mod for a player's flag???

I`ve poseted several requests, but no replies, this starts to get frustrating!

It could be that nobody knows what is possible in CoAS.
I CAN tell you that if-statements in INI files won't work though.

What is if there is an exception rule, which says "datchflagtex = 0 / iShip = 3", or something like this (I guess "iShip" means the player ship)? Could this work??

INI files are not actual code files from which code is executed; they just contain some data used by the code files.
A lot is probably possible, just look what we did with the Build Different Flags Mod,
but that'd require someone to figure out how to do that in CoAS.

The only files I didn`t searched are the dll`s! I noticed nothing of the promised support from seaward. They could know a possibility to do this, but I couldn`find a valid contact email-adress!

Do you have an option to chose a costum flag in the buildmod? How does this work, maybe that information could include the final hind I need?

Our Build Mod flags mod has been three years in the works and is REALLY complex. :?

We strongly need the source-code from seaward for real good modding! Can`t we do anything therefor?

I can`t find any way in CoaS, so far, appart from defining a hole new nation :modding. There is a feature for changing the flag, but only the normal 5. I think this can only be done in the dlls.

What if I just change the texture the Mastmodels is using? How can I do this? (I guess with hex-editor, but I don`t know how to use it correctly)

Back