• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

fleet captains

cwm33

Landlubber
Avast mateys!

I've been debating over setting up myself a nice little fleet to aid me in my piratin' duties (other than the fleet of ships that were just captured to take back to port and sell :wp )

One thing I'm wondering though, is what sort of traits should I look for in the Officer that gets to play captain? Do the naval based traits (cannon/sailing/etc) actually make a noticeable difference to your fleet captains? or should I just pick a guy that has enough navigational skill to be able to pilot the boat without ramming it into Jamaica? :keith

or am I just being too picky and any old scallywag will do as long as he has a crew to reload the guns? :whipa

What say ye mates?

Yarr, good question thar, matey! :onya And if'n Fred Bob kin add tew it, here goes: Kin ye assign Officers tew yer other ships besides the Captain? Seems ye could do dat in AOP1! :cheeky

Yarr, good question thar, matey! :onya And if'n Fred Bob kin add tew it, here goes: Kin ye assign Officers tew yer other ships besides the Captain? Seems ye could do dat in AOP1! :cheeky

I know the answer to that one! :woot

Only one officer per ship! The officers mostly are for boosting your own stats to make up for a lack of levels/ability etc. That way you can actually hit something with your cannons while your character is just a young lad with shaky sea legs! :sail

I found the personal perks of the captains useless, but of course the ships perks are priceless. The catch is it is possible to develop an officer to become an uber-fighter but it is impossible to make him an uber-captain - simply becasue it is impossible to get all the ships perks. So find low level officers with good fighter stats + high talent and develop them to become uber-figters/specialized officers. Meanwhile get specialized officers and use them as temporary captains when needed but don't get too attached to them - you will have to dump them. About lvl 30+ start to look for officers with developped perks and the lowest possible stats. The important thing is the perks, not the stats. Count the missing perks and calcualte if it will be possible to make them uber-captains. Also at least one of the quest officers - John Workman can become uber-captain. He comes at lvl 30 and has many missing ship perks but all of his ship skills are about 10 only - which makes him priceless.

Back