• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flooding the Oxbay Sewer

Through them, could make you like "dive" and is there a possibility to make it a hideout, like in the movie, they could hide under the boat. :brr :yoho

Not without changing the walk patch and I don't know how to do that.
I don't expect there'll be collision detection between player and ships,
since that's something that doesn't happen at any other time in the game.

The flooded Speightstown Sewer and the quick Swamp test will be included in Patch 4, which I'll release when I've got Experienced Captain's latest files.
As for the flooded Puerto Rico, see attached for the files. Extract to RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\Town_IslaMuelle\Town_01
Then open PROGRAM\Locations\init\IslaMuelle.c and find:
Code:
	Locations[n].environment.weather = "false";
Locations[n].environment.sea = "false";
Replace with:
Code:
	Locations[n].environment.weather = "true";
Locations[n].environment.sea = "true";
Locations[n].MaxSeaHeight = 0.0; // screwface
Start a new game and have a look in the town to see what it's like.

Are there any modelers who would be interested in trying to make this town location look more Chinesey so we can use it for Singapore?
I think we might be able to get a long way by placing the AoP Asian-looking store location in there a few times and retexturing some stuff.

Attachments

• Flooded_IM.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
I didn't try, but there shouldn't be a problem. There's just a small layer of water, but you can still get everywhere you otherwise could.

just a small layer of water? So, no problem for the quest... :onya
Umm... I don't think it's as small as you think.
I just tested it myself in the Standard storyline, and I was swimming with the camera looking at the floor. :facepalm
It looks at least half-filled with water in my game.

Uhm... well, it's just at swim-level. We could take it down a notch and just make it a step-through level though.

That's probably best. Although it needs to be down far enough for the 3rd person camera to act normally, too.

The 3rd person camera acts weird because the location had to be taken down quite a lot
and apparently the camera collision detection doesn't get lowered together with the rest.
It's quite weird, really, and I don't think there's much we can do about that particular one. :facepalm

Write me in PM what egsactly is done with sewers and what needs to be done... I'll try to do it for next weak

just a small layer of water? So, no problem for the quest... :onya
Umm... I don't think it's as small as you think.
I just tested it myself in the Standard storyline, and I was swimming with the camera looking at the floor. :facepalm
It looks at least half-filled with water in my game.

Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 4 -- In the Assassin Story

The wall detection for the camera has gone :shock

In the rooms on the lower level you are swimming -- so you can't fight the bandits :ixi -- however all the lower level bandits seem to come looking for you ( don't stay on their original start points as they do on dry land and wait for you to approach ) -- perhaps because they have to swim.

In the lower level have to fight in the passageway - not in rooms because you can't fight & swim.

The camera in the lower passages has you looking at the ground ( water ) even while trying to fight. --- or talk to people

Spy is not drowned -- talks to you ok -- so the Vice Admiral will be happy xD:

Images of Speightstown Sewer in Assassin Story: -- see attached

Thanks a lot for that, Talisman! Do you reckon the swimming adds to any fun or is it too weird and should be restored?
And if we're restoring, should we restore with a small bit of water on the floor or just go back to normal completely?

Thanks a lot for that, Talisman! Do you reckon the swimming adds to any fun or is it too weird and should be restored?
And if we're restoring, should we restore with a small bit of water on the floor or just go back to normal completely?

If the camera can be fixed it is sort of fun ( can't make up my mind whether it is better than original or not )

Perhaps only half as much water would be best - but then you probably would not have to swim. :shrug

Also I don't know if it will stop the Tresure Quest from working :mm

There are also problems with the Port & house by Port gate entrances to the Sewer.

When you use these entrances -- enter sewer - when you make the slightest movement you get the load screen and are instantly reloaded back to the port.

So you can't actually explore the sewer. -- The water must be interfereing with the reload locator as both these entrances load you into the lower level :facepalm

Entrance by Shipyard works ok - that loads you to upper level. :yes

You can exit the sewer ok using all the entrances.

:cheers

Normally in the locators' file of this location there is one named camera did you change the coordinates, Pieter? :?

Talisman, could that possibly because when you're swimming, you always move forward and cannot stop?

Bartolomeu, I think all the locators were automatically raised together with the location.
It seems that it's the collision detection between the camera and the walls that went haywire.

Talisman, could that possibly because when you're swimming, you always move forward and cannot stop?

:no

When you enter through the Port (or house by Port Gate ) you are standing in Passageway - water is waist high -- not swimming. No time to move or draw sword before loading screen appears & reload to Port

I think it might be because Chico Cois loads on top of you in the Passageway and immediately draws his sword and moves forward to attack bandits :shrug

It all happens really fast.

:gday

I think the problems with the Port & house by Port Gate entrances to the Sewer are caused by having an officer or crew with you ( eg Chico Cios )

I have just tried the Port & house by Port Gate entrances to the Sewer on my own ( no officers- crew or Chico ) & they both work as normal :onya

So the problem of being immediately transported out of the Sewer must be caused by the loading or movement of the accompanying officers.

:drunk

Back