• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flying Dutchman quest problem

br3akth3w1nd

Landlubber
I did a lot of things and finally found the flying dutchman (I stored my 4th class ship, officers and money). My ship was destroyed and I was washed to Cuba island. Ok, what now?! I can go to the pirate town but there is no shipyard there. The other town in cuba is spanish and when I go there guards attack and kill me. What should I do :?

I did a lot of things and finally found the flying dutchman (I stored my 4th class ship, officers and money). My ship was destroyed and I was washed to Cuba island. Ok, what now?! I can go to the pirate town but there is no shipyard there. The other town in cuba is spanish and when I go there guards attack and kill me. What should I do :?
Is a problem, because I think you have stealthy low...
Usually I save the meeting at sea with the Dutch, and repeat the sinking until shipwrecked on an island friendly or neutral (the place of shipwreck is random). :eek:ops2

Is a problem, because I think you have stealthy low...
Usually I save the meeting at sea with the Dutch, and repeat the sinking until shipwrecked on an island friendly or neutral (the place of shipwreck is random). :eek:ops2
I didnt know that it was random. Thx :)

Also.. I got into a tavern and a guy with covered face talked to me and told me to meet him at his ship. Wtf? How to do that? I got to the port, sailed away, found his ship (avenger) and nothing. I even attacked it :D I tried the islands but nothing again. How can I complete this mission?

Also.. I got into a tavern and a guy with covered face talked to me and told me to meet him at his ship. Wtf? How to do that? I got to the port, sailed away, found his ship (avenger) and nothing. I even attacked it :D I tried the islands but nothing again. How can I complete this mission?
This is a mini-quest, and is not important. Usually I avoid them. However you approach the ship, use the option "longboat" (I do not know the exact name in the English game), board the ship and speak with the captain. He will make a proposal for a booty.

Find the "preparations for a walkthrough" thread and there is the Dutchman quest somewhere described.

This is a mini-quest, and is not important. Usually I avoid them. However you approach the ship, use the option "longboat" (I do not know the exact name in the English game), board the ship and speak with the captain. He will make a proposal for a booty.
Hmm they should really mention in the quest that I should send a boat. ;d

Hmm they should really mention in the quest that I should send a boat. ;d
Why?
The option "longboat" is typical for these situations.
Because that option was never needed before in the game, so I didnt even knew that it existed.
How old are you?
15 why?
Not everything is handed on a silver plate. When you're over 10yrs old, you should be aware that effort pays. Use your brain which you must have since you are alive. ;)

You're missing out on some of the whole piratey experience of COAS me boyo. Anytime I'm short of goods or looking for a pirate captain masquerading as a merchant, or I may feel like a card game, or I have a quest to find a certain captain or ship, I use the longboat/dingy function to board the other ship and have words with the crew or captain. Some of my winnings from card games with merchant captains have been substantial (must possess the skill), and I've also made some decent deals trading with them as well. Use your ship's boat Mate. ;)

MK

If only we could use the boats to tow our ships when our masts have been destroyed. also it would be nice to have the sea bed effect ships that sit low in the water giving small agile ships some benifits they had in real life and was a tactic the pirates would use if they needed to escape from military ships or well armed merchant ships.

Totally agree Lukester ole Matey :keith It would be awesome if we had tides modelled and you or your prey could run aground. More awesome if there was a command to scuttle the (yours or the opposing) ship or catch it afire! Or wait till the tides came back in to refloat her. The ships dingies could carry kedge anchors out into deeper water and the ship could pull itself off the shoal/sandbar with the capstan. That would just be sooooo kewl!!! :will Ahhh Someday!

MK

Back