• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flying Dutchman quest

Pagiras

Landlubber
So.
1. Drink in taverns with random ppl. Get them drunk, ask about rumours until they tell you the legend abut the Flying Dutchman.
2. Keep asking.
3. At one point they tell you that the aforementioned Ghost Ship is near that very same island you're on! So, you obviously decide to investigate it closer.
4. Go out at sea map and at one point near the island you meet it. Can't miss it. Engage, lose, become washed up on a random island without money, ship, anything except your inventory.
Advice: put any good ships with officers as captains in mooring at the port control. Get a sh*tty ship. Put your money away at the moneylender. Because when you meet the Dutchman, your ship is sunk, your money gone. I also suggest buying some expencive trinkets, swords, pistols to sell when you become moneyless and deserted because inventory stays intact.
5. This repeats one more time: Talk, hear the Dutchman being near, become stranded, lose money and ship. But now something different happens, as seen also in your log-book. You think that someone is trying to tell you something. ALSO, you get a metallic skeleton hand in your inventory.

NOW my trouble starts. I read somewhere that after getting the terminator hand you are talked to by something from the future at your next visit in a tavern and the Flying Dutchman quest begins to take shape or something like that. My problem is that I don't meet no terminator skeleton pirate from the future(OMG this is so cool!), I talk and drink with ppl and again they tell me about the Ghost Ship being near the island. I get stranded again - a repetition of my last encounter with the Dutchman. And so it goes, I tried doing it again 4 times in a row. No changes whatsoever. Is this a bug?
Maybe this quest does not work together with some other started quest, e.g. hunting Edward Low, which I had just started and then got the info on FD.

UPDATE: I met the skeleton pirate terminator from the future. Stayed in the tavern for a few nights to improve my health and one morning - there he was. Long conversation about some lass he had to kill and how he had some kind of troubles with the Flying Dutchman's crew. Next problem is that I have no logbook updates regarding this rather unusual encounter. My guess is that I should search for that dame the terminator mentioned, but I have no idea where to start.
Maybe someone knows something more?

Please, someone answer?
I tried too the logic of the hand of the Terminator. I have not found anything.
I think it's a joke the Russians crazy :yes
To understand more you must have been to the village seekers pearl of the coast of Amatrice (for example, for the quest Sharp), and having spoken with the white boy.
However back (or go...) in the village and talk with him.
I'll tell you a curse that has immortalized the Dutch.
To break the curse, you have port 666 black pearls. The pearls are obtained by killing the undead that attack port cities.
To see the undead attacking the city, must speak with local governors, who will ask for help.
The cities are randomly attacked.
(sry for this english: is google translation! :eek:ops )

Make certain that when you go see the governors it's sometime between the 10th and 20th day of the month. As soon as you ask him for work he will tell you to help him, the city is being attacked by undead. Run out and attack them. As you kill the skeletons they automatically give you black pearls. Then go back and see the governor for a reward. If you don't the undead won't reset to attack another town. Keep doing this until you have the 666 and then return to White Boy. This will lift the protection from the Dutchman so that you can sink it or take it. Make sure you have a good ship with a lot of men at that point. Even vulnerable it is very tough. I too was dissappointed they didn't tie the Terminator to the story better. Also recommend going back through preperations for a walkthrough thread and read all the Flying Dutchman posts.

MK

Make certain that when you go see the governors it's sometime between the 10th and 20th day of the month...
Very interesting: I did not know! :woot
However before I talk to the governor except: if he gives the mission of the undead, I play; otherwise charge and change the city ...

Back