• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Food shortage

spyfrog

Landlubber
Hi

I have already seen a post about this problem but I didn't really got the solution. How can it be that you run out of food in several towns? I haven't even played so long. Why doesn't them refill?
Is this a bug?

Hi

I have already seen a post about this problem but I didn't really got the solution. How can it be that you run out of food in several towns? I haven't even played so long. Why doesn't them refill?
Is this a bug?

No, it is part of game balance. Most of the twon have some food, some have almost nothing and just few towns have plenty of food. It is how the devs are looking to make the game more chalenging when you have big almighty fleet.

Seems fairly heavy-handed and inelegant to me, though. First they make it ridiculously easy to amass a huge fleet of large ships, and then they limit the amount of food you can buy so that you can't keep them in operational condition... even though everybody else apparently has no problem feeding dozens of class 1 ships. Hm.

Hi

Is this a bug?

No, it is part of game balance. Most of the twon have some food, some have almost nothing and just few towns have plenty of food. It is how the devs are looking to make the game more chalenging when you have big almighty fleet.

But they don't allow me to build a large "almighty" fleet - all I had was a frigate, a corvette and a brig with full crew and the food problem stopped me. Also, why can the dutch and spaniards have man of wars, frigates and thousands of crew without food shortage?

Hi

Is this a bug?

But they don't allow me to build a large "almighty" fleet - all I had was a frigate, a corvette and a brig with full crew and the food problem stopped me. Also, why can the dutch and spaniards have man of wars, frigates and thousands of crew without food shortage?

As "almighty fleet" I mean 5 man-o-wars:) As for you problem - it is easy try to keep at least 45 days of food in each ship (i keep 60) and don't wait untill it depletes to buy more.
The other way is to use cheats if you prefer.

As for the game making lots of huge fleets without any good problems... well in EVERY computer game the quality of the enemies is replaced with quantity. They are either zillions, or have 100 times more HP or get free resourses... So far this is the only way the developpers have to increase the challenge of a computer game.

PS. Besides they are not "that" huge - I still have to see non-player fleet from 5 man-o-wars.

In my games the English ports never have much food, but the French ports consistently have 15,000+.

Just buy it all. Food is cheap and doesnt weigh much. But you might want some rat idols first. ;)

Back