• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Forgive Me Father

Badger

Landlubber
Ahoy Shipmates

Time spent in church can be good for your soul, but in my case it has also wrinkled my brow.

As Peter Blood I have managed to escape the slave plantation with a hefty price on my head. Unsure how to smooth things over with good old Blighty, I turned to the forum search function and found that I can either make an arrangement with a man at the pirate inn, (I'm on Martinique) or I can get help from the local priest.

Well the man at the pirate inn is a scoundrel I tells ya! He wants more money than the 40,000 poe I have in my pocket! If only there had been an option to run him through I'd have done so!

But the priest... well I can't seem to find a dialogue option to have him sort things out for me. Unless it's just about making a donation and the smoothing of relations happens without my being told as such. In which case... how much do I need to donate?

While I was there I asked if there was any work I could do for the church and the resident Father told me I could clear out the local dungeon of evil spirits for all my sins to be absolved. Well I've been to the dungeon already at the invitation of a local who thought he could trap me in there and steal my money. Well he sleeps with the fishes now and so does his mate, and I thank him oh so much for the fat wad of cash he had in "his" pockets too! But there were no zombies or other undesirables down there.

I checked again just to be sure and it's just the way I left it. A few cobwebs, some barrels, a bright glowing thing.... but nothing dead for me to tackle.

Is there perhaps a second dungeon here?

Thanks all

Badger

Ahoy Shipmates

Time spent in church can be good for your soul, but in my case it has also wrinkled my brow.

As Peter Blood I have managed to escape the slave plantation with a hefty price on my head. Unsure how to smooth things over with good old Blighty, I turned to the forum search function and found that I can either make an arrangement with a man at the pirate inn, (I'm on Martinique) or I can get help from the local priest.

Well the man at the pirate inn is a scoundrel I tells ya! He wants more money than the 40,000 poe I have in my pocket! If only there had been an option to run him through I'd have done so!

But the priest... well I can't seem to find a dialogue option to have him sort things out for me. Unless it's just about making a donation and the smoothing of relations happens without my being told as such. In which case... how much do I need to donate?

While I was there I asked if there was any work I could do for the church and the resident Father told me I could clear out the local dungeon of evil spirits for all my sins to be absolved. Well I've been to the dungeon already at the invitation of a local who thought he could trap me in there and steal my money. Well he sleeps with the fishes now and so does his mate, and I thank him oh so much for the fat wad of cash he had in "his" pockets too! But there were no zombies or other undesirables down there.

I checked again just to be sure and it's just the way I left it. A few cobwebs, some barrels, a bright glowing thing.... but nothing dead for me to tackle.

Is there perhaps a second dungeon here?

Thanks all

Badger

Walk through the glowing orb. You will soon be surrounded by all sorts of slayable skeletons.

Walk through the glowing orb. You will soon be surrounded by all sorts of slayable skeletons.
Thanks Firebat, that was it. Also, I hadn't realized that I have to go after midnight as walking through the orb before then does nothing.

Anyone got any clues for me on the other priest question?

Badger

As far as I know mate, the only way to improve relations is with the "diplomat" at one of the pirate colonies. All the priests ever did for me was take my money and throw a blessing or two around. :wp

As far as I know mate, the only way to improve relations is with the "diplomat" at one of the pirate colonies. All the priests ever did for me was take my money and throw a blessing or two around. :wp
Arghghghgh! A pox on em then!! etc etc.. thanks Thagarr

Perhaps you confused with AoP1.
In AoP1 there was no diplomat, relations improved them the priest.

with destroying the evil in the caves/dungeons you can also improve relation to the nation...much much faster than doing governor's missions...diplomat only clears bounties and hostilities, while with doing tasks for priest you can go all the way to admiration and get patent without doing single task for governor

Perhaps you confused with AoP1.
In AoP1 there was no diplomat, relations improved them the priest.
Never played it matey, I got my info by searching this very forum on the following thread;
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//questions-and-notes-to-coas-players-t13333.html/page__st__40__p__321968__hl__relations__fromsearch__1&#entry321968
But that said, just because it's in a thread doesn't mean it's right eh? :rolleyes: I'd tend to go with you chaps because as I say I couldn't see any suitable dialogue in the church conversation.

with destroying the evil in the caves/dungeons you can also improve relation to the nation...much much faster than doing governor's missions...diplomat only clears bounties and hostilities, while with doing tasks for priest you can go all the way to admiration and get patent without doing single task for governor
D'OH!! You just reminded me I never went back to the church after I cleared out that dungeon. I'll have to see about that, it was damned hard work finishing off those gun toting skellies!

Everything is coming together now :onya I gambled on taking my stolen Frigate "Erasmus" back out again and finding something more manageable to capture and the gamble paid off! :dance Now I am sailing in the Brigantine "Heart of Gold" and "Erasmus" is safely docked with the port control at Martinique.

I've even taken and sold another pirate ship since then and now have enough money to go back to that pirate diplomat if I want to. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth me hearties, paying the rip off price of that scoundrel! But I suppose it might be worth it in the long run. I'll just fill the coffers a little more first. I want a safety cushion before laying out such a large wad of cash.

thanks for the advice all

Badger

Back