• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Formally Introducing myself

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
My Goodness, I feel so foolish...
First of all, my appologies for being so rude...

I never formally introduced myself, and I've been on this forum for a couple of weeks. I kinda just dove into the COAS modding forum. :mm
When I enter a forum community i usually do introduce myself, but I kinda got excited and forgot all about it :facepalm

My name is FireBat. My from Northern Ontario, Canada. I was an airforce officer for a few years, but had to retire due to an injury.

I have done a bit of skinning work for another game (Team Fortress 2) and have done hours of mod testing for a myriad of other games such as Return To Castle Wolfenstien, Enemy Territory, Command and Conquer Zero Hour and many others. I have also been the sysop and administrator of a couple of online communities as well, that currently have over 180k users combined.

Not being content with just testing I thought i would get involved with a game type that I enjoy, that also could be modded. The community here is fantastic, and a wonderful job you folks have done on both PoTC and COAS.

Thank you for allowing me into this group, and I hope to be a contributing member.
Take Care
FB

Welcome aboard FireBat! :dance

We are usually pretty informal around here, but it would be nice if more people took the time to introduce themselves! From what I have read of your posts so far mate, your already contributing! :onya

Yep always nice to have a formal introduction... the most formal we get here is happy birthdays to well known members :rofl

Welcome aboard and keep up the good work and you will so get a promotion ;)

Hey, Fire Bat. That is an interesting name. I'm interested where you got that name from
39.gif

I've used this name since starcraft made its way into gaming supremecy (well at the time anyway) I loved the FireBat unit so much that i kept the name for my internet exploits.
I live about 200 miles south of james bay...

I've used this name since starcraft made its way into gaming supremecy (well at the time anyway) I loved the FireBat unit so much that i kept the name for my internet exploits.
I live about 200 miles south of james bay...

Otter Rapids? Fraserdale? Or one towns along the highway? :gday Canadian here myself from P.E.I.

As for RTCW I played that game almost constantly when it was fairly new. I playtested a few mp maps such as Chateau.

I've always kept "8Q" since windows 3.1 then had to put something in front with a letter, not a number, so eventually it became "Admiral8Q" when windows 95 came out.

What did you do in the Air-force? If you don't mind my asking. I had an injury myself. :8q

Lets just say I'm in the District of Cochrane. Closest City is Timmins.

I was mostly a survival instructor. I got to teach cadets on their way into the airforce as well, so I felt like I was helping my country. My injury came as a result of a degenerative bone disease I didnt know I had. If I hadn't pushed myself as much as I did in my younger years, I'd probably be in much better shape. I have days that I can't walk without a cane, and lifting heavy objects can be a dangerous idea. I have landed myself in the hospital because I didn't better precautions.

Now due to fundamental changes based mostly on morality, and a respect for "The Big Guy Upstairs" I am glad I'm not involved with the Forces. I gotta a great job as a weather observer at an airport here in the north, so I still get to be around the thing I love, without them being killing machines.

This job allows for lots of free time, where I can sit infront of my pc and get some modding done. Its funny how things work out :)

I was really close to being part of the Australian Air Force, got to the last stage of board interviews for Airbourne Electronic Anaylist (AEA) but unfortunatly I 'apparantly' didnt have enough life experience (even though I lived away from home for 5 years prior to applying) :facepalm

Right on Fire Bat. To bad about your injury.

Welcome aboard, I've been playing Silent Hunter 4 recently, but I'll never not play POTC. An excellent game.
sailr.gif
keith.gif

A warm welcome to you, you're truly active..on fire?
rolleyes.gif

BTW you should'nt happen to be FireBat from the former ellaybe-site, or thelib, I suppose?

xD: you made a funny...lol

No, I am not familiar with either of those sites...sorry...tho I may have forgotten, i have been all over the place

Back