• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fort Battle Testing

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Testing for the patch for CMV3.

Ok so its time to test the fort battles out, i have done a lot of things that will increase damage to forts and damage forts will do to ships. I expect this to be a hard battle which is the aim. To make it harder i will only be taking in 3 MOW's with 42Ibs rather than 5 MOW's with 48Ibs cannons mounted. I will also not be maxing out my character, no perks and the only skill to be 100% is navigation. All the rest will be no higher than 90%. I have included a picture of my characters skills, you will see the perk points have not been used.

Here is a picture of all the MOW's before we leave the pirate settlement at Bermuda.

And here are pictures of each of the 3 MOW's stats, this can then be compared to the after resaults of what will be a tough battle.

The target is a fort with over 100 cannons, the more cannons the better. So for this test i will use my favourite fort for testing. Santa Domingo, and you can see from the picture why i like to test fort battles out with this fort.

To make things worse, on the world map the storm was almost on me as i was trying to get the ships into the area i wanted them. So i had to race into the forts location and hope i could miss the storm and be where i wanted to be, that plane didn't go exactly to plan as i missed the storm yes (the rain is not from the storm) which was the good news. The bad news is look how far i am away from the fort and i'm having to sail into the wind.

Finally in positions and already fort guns are been destroyed. The bad news is i have also lost some guns. Its to be expected though. Remember the fort has 92Ibs cannons mounted 128 of them, or was 128, now its 126. Still thats alot of fire power.

I will update soon.

Whoa...sounds like an epic battle to be sure...will look forward to see the update when I get back from work tommorrow morning

Update. Everyone will be happy to know the forts do not take as long to destroy now.

Thanks to the other ships not bothering to help out instead they was more interested in a Bermuda Sloop which they sunk and the Colonial Schooner which is almost sunk. I have had to take on the fort myself, taking heavy damage with over 10,000 of my ships hp gone and no ammo left i will head to one of the other ships and switch over to that ship. Then head back to the fort and continue pounding it.

About time, it only took forever to get to the other ship, damn wind. After swapping ships i will start heading back to the fort. I hope we have enough ammo to take the fort.

As i sail into the battle again with the other MOW, i take not of how many cannons have been destroyed and where i want to focus the next attacks. You will see from the following pictures that the Schooner is still very much floating however it is so badly damaged its not going any where fast. And for the Schooner its biggest problem is she's where i want to be, i'm just getting into position so i can turn and hopefully reduce the angle i have to sail into the wind at. I might board the Schooner for the ammo, i have a funny feeling i will need it.

In the mean time the other MOW's remain well out of range, not sure why the fort isn't able to fire any more, must be out of ammo lol.

Success, the fort has been beaten.

Stats for each ship after the fort battle, remember the Wind Chaser is originally my ship, none of the other 2 MOW's took part in attacking the fort.

Good stuff, and congradulations on ending victoriously :onya
So how did you feel about the battle? Aside from you running out of ammo, it almost sounded too easy ;)

Yes it was way to easy, the battle took so long because of the wind and because of having to sail to the other ships to get more ammo. The way around this is increase the damage the 92Ibs cannons can take and see what happens. I soon found out how tough i had made it when entering the fort, it was impossible to kill all the fort gaurds so i have set that back to the stock game value. Thanks to Ashley i can make the changes i need to make and use the reinit button to test again since i made a save at Bermuda befopre setting sail. :yes

Testing for the forts will start again later today, should be more entertaining if the storm doesn't try to go where i'm going, then i can get the ships into the position i want them save and enter sea mode. I will report update as i did with test 1, the starting ships and everything will be the same just more ammo and gun powder onboard each ship apart from that the ships names, captains and stats will be exactly the same. Hopefully this test will be more ballanced.

Back