• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fort flags

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
See anything odd about this picture of Tortuga fort?
tortuga_flags.jpg
Look closely at the flags.

Plural. The one on the left is not usually there. GM Viewer, TOOL and a lot of trial and error resulted in a new locator "geometry:flag2" near the top of the bare flagpole. Model "flag2" is based on the flagpole from "PO_Warship", given an invisible texture and dropped in TOOL so that the top of the pole is at 0,0,0 and the top of the flag goes to the "geometry" locator.

Santiago, Havana and Santo Domingo also have bare flagpoles which have received the same treatment. Port au Prince also has one but TOOL would not read its fort model so I can't add the locator, and anyway its secondary fort is tucked between two big rocks so the flagpole is not so visible as the others. And Guadeloupe had a short stumpy second pole which cannot support a decent pole. Other forts have no secondary pole.

Attachments

• Fort flags.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
Oooh; nice!
I have a vague memory of trying to debug the code on those second flags not showing.
Only to realise that... ah... they weren't there to be shown. :facepalm

a lot of trial and error
Ouch; that must've been painful!
Credit for persevering. :cheers

Forts are like ships. The flag is defined by four locators and one model can probably have only locators for one flag. Ships show several flags because they have masts added by "geometry" locators and each mast can support another flag. I just gave each fort an invisible mast inside its flagpole. :D

Back