• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Free Play New Game Trouble

So the only remaining issue I think I had was questbook entries with weird endings (after the text in the relevant questbook file) they are still there.
That happened for the "Cursed" one, right? This is what I just got when starting as Barbossa:
upload_2015-6-12_23-16-23.png

No weird stuff there that I can see. Have you deleted the "options" file yet? Perhaps that one got corrupted for you. :modding

I guess you can add removing the "congratulations on your promotion" from the text in Robert Fletcher for the Naval skip (since it doesn't suit a midshipman. Perhaps "congratulations on your temporary appointment to command perform well and you will soon earn a full promotion" or some such (I don't know how hard that next promotion is to earn?)
Depending on the character model you choose, you could start as Midshipman or as Admiral.
Lieutenant is the most common one as that is the default for all characters that aren't linked to a specific rank.

Perhaps for accuracy a different line can be used when you're a Midshipman.

I uploaded the RAR file of my PROGRAM
There is something wrong with that file; I cannot extract it.
If the zipped file is too large, take out all subfolders in the PROGRAM\Storyline folder keeping only the "FreePlay" one.

I'm kind of newbie in technical matters, therefore I'm still trying to figure out which kind of graphic card I have.
Press Start>Run>type "dxdiag">Confirm
That should tell you.

Is this what you meant by the run command?
stats2.jpg

As for the Zip file, this is a compressed 1mb .. the normal compression is 6mb which isn't uploading here due to size limit

Is this what you meant by the run command?
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. That's basically exactly the same that I've got.

As for the Zip file, this is a compressed 1mb .. the normal compression is 6mb which isn't uploading here due to size limit
Windows and 7-Zip can't handle it, apparently. :shrug

That happened for the "Cursed" one, right? This is what I just got when starting as Barbossa:

No weird stuff there that I can see. Have you deleted the "options" file yet? Perhaps that one got corrupted for you.
I can't see how since this is with a complete rebuild - cursed as example (agent was corrupt after the end of the correct text too).

Attachments

• cursed.jpg
    cursed.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 97
  • questbook.jpg
    questbook.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Ah well I guess I'll just have to play through by manually saving .. I really took enough of your time the past day or two; hope I didn't take away your attention from Hearts of Oak!

Btw I think I sorted my issue with the ship.. like you showed me on the screenshot in the previous page, you walked to the stairs.. for me when I was in sloop I just had to go to the side of the ship.. i kept moving around till i saw that "krajencjdj port" on top left corner!

I apologize for making you go around in circles :$

Last edited:
At least another problem is solved, right? That's always a good thing. :cheeky

Back