• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

French New Character Idea.

Lindley

Musician Seegars Crew.
I have only recently discovered the joy of the Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons Mod.
Included in the starting characters we have Captain Jack Aubrey.
How about his French counterpart the Captain of the French privateer Acheron as a new player character?
I cannot find any reference to his name on the web.
The Acheron closely resembels the USS Constitution.

I have no modding skills but greatly admire the hard work of all those involved in
the New Horizons Mod.

If you want to be able to do free play as a French privateer, we can easily set that up for you.
You only need to edit PROGRAM\Storyline\JackAubrey.c for your starting model and ship.
And you can set your relations correctly with PROGRAM\Storyline\JackAubrey\StartStoryline.c .
All files can be opened and edited with Notepad. Let us know if you can't figure it out and we'll help further. :doff

What Pieter suggests there works very fine.

This is precisely what I'm playing at the moment. I switched to french, gave me another ship (much smaller than the surprise because I don't like to start with big ships, but prefer to work my way up), set start location to Martinique-Saint Pierre, and I even set the date to something about french revolution in 1792.

What Pieter suggests there works very fine.

This is precisely what I'm playing at the moment. I switched to french, gave me another ship (much smaller than the surprise because I don't like to start with big ships, but prefer to work my way up), set start location to Martinique-Saint Pierre, and I even set the date to something about french revolution in 1792.
sound's fun!:onya

Thank you Pieter.
Currently reading If a Pirate I must be by Richard Sanders.
Amazing that Bartholomew Roberts is largely a forgotten figure now.
But thats for a different forum.

Back