• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Frequent crashes during sea battles

vojtaniz

Powder Monkey
Last few days, the game started crashing during sea battles. When there are five or more enemy ships, the game ALWAYS crashes at some point during the battle, when there are three or four enemy ships, the chance of crash is about 50 %. The "error.log" file shows this:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\interface.c; line: 1599
no memory
no memory
no memory

Any idea, what to do to fix it?

Last few days, the game started crashing during sea battles.
Is that with or without any mods?

Either way, if it only started the last few days, you might try deleting the file named "options" from your main game folder.
That might help set things right again.

All your options will be set back to default so you might have to change those back to your preferences.
But at least it'll undo whatever nutty "corrupting" sometimes randomly affects that file.

Unfortunately, after a few days, it started crashing again. Now not only during sea battles, but also during loading a ship deck location and especially when fighting a fort and the ship touches the land. Deleting the options file again did not help. I have attached the compile.log and system.log files from the last crash (the fighting a fort thing). The error.log file was not generated.

The probability of crash during every ship deck loading is about 50 % and when fighting a fort, it goes up to about 90 %. That means, I have to fight the fort 10 times on average to be able to finish it without the game crashing.

Attachments

• compile.log
    13.2 KB · Views: 127
  • system.log
    398 bytes · Views: 137
And here are all the log files for the crash when loading the ship deck. This time, also the error.log file was generated.

Attachments

• compile.log
    66.8 KB · Views: 129
  • error.log
    728 bytes · Views: 144
  • system.log
    2.6 KB · Views: 143
I see this error popup in your compile log
Code:
Error!!! Overup maximum crew quantity (character=0)

haven't had time to check why that is, but that shouldn't happen :S .
Could you maybe also upload a savegame so we can see if there are any things wrong?

Now I managed to reduce the chance of crashing when fighting the forts drastically by lowering screen resolution from 4K to Full HD. However, it has no influence on the crashing when loading the ship deck.

:modding :( :modding

And I wouldn't even begin to have a clue what to do about it.

Maybe reducing some of @Levis' Leveling code might help a bit...?

@vojtaniz: What sort of ship are you sailing? Have you made any modifications to it in the shipyard - upgrades, change of appearance?

Have you made any changes to "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h"?

@vojtaniz: What sort of ship are you sailing? Have you made any modifications to it in the shipyard - upgrades, change of appearance?

Have you made any changes to "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h"?

Happened on several different ships - Steam frigate (class 3, don't remember the exact name), Battleship 2nd rate and Battleship 1st rate. All the ships had all the upgrades from the shipyard except the corsair refit. I didn't do any change of appearance.

Also, I didn't modify that file in any way.

Back