• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

friends with pirates?

Capain Tiems

Powder Monkey
I have been shooting up all kind of nations, with a jolly roger hoisted, but the pirates are not friendly to me.
How do I become friends with them?

Go to Nevis or Grand Turks (watch out - Grand Turks has a fort!) and speak to the "governeur". They set your status to neutral for the pirates. When you sink ships it will even increase, but as far as I know, there are no ranks and presents you can earn

Go to Nevis or Grand Turks (watch out - Grand Turks has a fort!) and speak to the "governeur". They set your status to neutral for the pirates. When you sink ships it will even increase, but as far as I know, there are no ranks and presents you can earn
Actually, there IS some stuff coded in there. Even if I don't think it was intentional that you can do that. :wp

Does Turks now have a actual governor character who promotes you? There IS this code in place for that:
Code:
        case PIRATE: // Apparently used by Sao Feng, the Turks governor in the Jack Sparrow storyline
            switch(GetRank(pchar, GetCurrentLocationNation()))
            {
                case 1: // Unknown Freebooter
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_01")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m1;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_01")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m1;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_02")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m2;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_02")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m2;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_03")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m3;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_03")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m3;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_04")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m4;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_04")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m4;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_05")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m5;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Crewmember_05")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m5;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_1")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m1;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_1")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m1;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_2")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m2;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_2")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m2;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_3")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m3;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_3")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m3;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_4")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m4;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_4")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m4;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_5")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m5;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_5")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m5;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_6")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m6;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_6")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m6;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_7")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m1;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_7")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m1;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_8")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m2;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_8")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m2;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_9")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m3;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_9")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m3;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_10")].model = Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m4;
                    Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Treas_Crewmember_10")].headmodel = "h_"+Nations[PIRATE].fantomModel.m4;
                    pchar.boardingmodels = "PIRATE";
                break;
                case 2: // Aviator543
                    GiveItem2Character(pchar,"blade34+2"); // Dragon's Head
                    EquipCharacterByItem(pchar,"blade34+2");
                break;
                case 7: // Famous Pirate
                    if (GetCompanionIndex(pchar,1) != -1 && GetCompanionIndex(pchar,2) != -1 && GetCompanionIndex(pchar,3) != -1)
                    {
                        ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE, "9Jc_A3", 3, PIRATE, false);
                        switch(GetCurrentPeriod())
                        {
                            case PERIOD_EARLY_EXPLORERS:
                                GiveShip2Character(ch, "PiratFastGal", "Adventure Galley", -1, PIRATE, true, false);
                            break;

case PERIOD_THE_SPANISH_MAIN:
                                GiveShip2Character(ch, "FleutWar", "Fancy", -1, PIRATE, true, false);
                            break;

case PERIOD_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_PIRACY:
                                GiveShip2Character(ch, "PiratPostillionen", "Whydah", -1, PIRATE, true, false);
                            break;

case PERIOD_COLONIAL_POWERS:
                                GiveShip2Character(ch, "PiratFrigateSup", "Marauder", -1, PIRATE, true, false);
                            break;

case PERIOD_REVOLUTIONS:
                                GiveShip2Character(ch, "CrimsonBlood", "Crimson Blood", -1, PIRATE, true, false);
                            break;

case PERIOD_NAPOLEONIC:
                                GiveShip2Character(ch, "XebecVML", "Royal Fortune", -1, PIRATE, true, false);
                            break;
                        }
                        SetCompanionIndex(pchar, -1, GetCharacterIndex(ch.id)));
                    }
                    else
                        LogIt("You seem to have a pretty impressive squadron of your own. Looks like you won't be needing the promotion ship.");
                break;
            }
        break;

turks has a governor, but he only can make you neutral to pirates. He is like a diplomat only for the pirates. I don't know what happens on Nevis because the pirate lord got killed in the last fight with the Sovereign :D And the one who replaces him won't talk (Pieter, I think you fixed that, but I haven't tried it yet)

turks has a governor, but he only can make you neutral to pirates. He is like a diplomat only for the pirates.
Hmm, must be ONLY Sao Feng in the Jack Sparrow storyline then.

And the one who replaces him won't talk (Pieter, I think you fixed that, but I haven't tried it yet)
No, I didn't. It's on my long-term to-do list.

ah okay.
But I'm 100% sure that the standard-story has a governor on turks. But, as I said, he only has a function as diplomat

I most certainly believe you. It's the same on Tortuga.
In the Jack Sparrow storyline, though, he's replaced with Sao Feng, who is an ordinary governor. For the PIRATES.

I can't say something about that, I only played Jack Sparrow 2 times and I only played it for the story - so I didn't do much sidequest and things ;)
But I found in items_ini.c some pirate-related swords which are very strong - I think they were intended to be a present for cruel pirates:pirates

Hmm... I think, that sounds like a job for me! Just give me a bit time.
Requires quest-coding. I pretty much know how to do it. I just don't want to do it before getting Pirate_KK's code working in the game.
If I ever get round to that; that's a biggie. o_O

Back