• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Notice FTP, Akella Modding Tools and Help Files

This thread contains links and passwords to the FTP and the modding tools and help files provided to us by Akella and seaward.ru.
Lots of thanks to Edward Zaitsev from seaward.ru and our members Peter Willemoes and damski62 for making this possible!

UPDATE 19th November 2016:
The old FTP sites originally mentioned in this thread have been retired, with all files now available either from the PiratesAhoy! Cloud or a new FTP hosted by @mbowen89.

New builds are uploaded to the Cloud site, which also hosts the Akella modding tools.
The new FTP is for more general use across all PiratesAhoy! projects, but for the sake of security, the login details are only available upon request.
(Please contact @Pieter Boelen or @Armada if you want access.)

All links below are up-to-date as of 9th June 2021.

Tools and Programs:

- Maya 5.0 Modeling Program
Maya is now only available on request. Please contact @Armada for more details.
Very old version of Maya that works with the GM export plugin (see below).

- Maya Plugin, Tools and Sample Files
Password: ksowplzk2lsdj3q7ksksp
Contains GM export plugin required to get models from Maya into the Storm Engine.

- GM Viewer
Opens native GM model files used by the Storm Engine, and can export them to OBJ format.

- Inez Dias' TOOL
Custom application that can open and edit GM files.

- TX Converter
Converts textures between TGA and the Storm Engine's native TGA.TX format.

- HEX Editor
Opens GM files and allows textures to be swapped for others that have a filename of the same length.

- Animation Viewer
Plays animations applied to certain GM files, such as character models.

- Sailor Tool
Opens ship models and allows creation of Sailorspoints walk files for the Age of Pirates games. These files can be converted for use in PotC (see below).

- Walk Files Converting Tool
Custom application that converts between AoP Sailorspoints files and PotC Walk files for ships.

- PotCWalk
Custom application that generates PotC Walk files for ships.
(NOTE: We advise using the Sailor Tool instead, but this program is listed for completeness.)

Help Files:

- Example Ships
Contains Maya files for some stock PotC ships, demonstrating locator names and hierarchy needed for correct GM export.

- CoAS Help Files
Contains Maya files for various CoAS models, including a character, ship, weapons and locations, all with their respective locators.

- Animation Help Files
Password: sldjfpedkeitgg23kkds
Contains Maya files for fully-rigged Blaze and Danielle character models from PotC, including all their animations.

- Head Help Files
Contains Maya files for all PotC animated character heads, including their animations.

- Corsairs Character Animations Maya Files
Courtesy of Shoma.an from Blackmark Studios

- Corsairs Terrain and Locations Maya Files

- Corsairs Extra Character, Location and Ship Files

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Thanks to Peter Willemoes' hard work in public relations with Akella and seaward.ru, we have now been given the modding tools that Akella and Seaward.ru use to develop models and textures for the official Storm-engine based games, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Age of Pirates and the upcoming City of Abandoned Ships. This is what Seaward.ru spokeperson Edward Zaitzev has to say about these tools:

Some tools are meant for use with Maya 5.0, which can be found on the PotC FTP.

Now we need to figure out how to use these tools for making proper ship, character and location models. Please post here with your comments on the tools and any problems/questions that might occur. Then we can try to figure things out for ourselves or otherwise ask Mr. Zaitzev for help with using them.

Peter Willemoes wrote:
It was actually me that got the help files

It was actually me that got the help files
Indeed these latest three additions well all negotiated by you.
Thank you very much for that! :bow

I see you were already mentioned in the second line of the old post; but that was your old name; and didn't stand out very much.
So I changed it to a proper tag with your new name.
Hope that looks better to you. :doff

I have problems with the TOOL. It has something to do with .NET framework. TOOL can be opened but shows only black window.
Did a reinstall without any effect.
Anyone having the same problem? Without TOOL...............

Not much happens when I try to run donetfx. So I tried to uninstall it first but can't find
it in the "unistall list"???

I get this message before I can open TOOL. I know it's in swedish.
message.jpg

I think I've had had this happen to me with a program in the past.
Had to manually delete the files if I remember correctly. Not sure if this would fix it for you though.

I deleted Microsoft.NET and reinstalled it, then reinstalled TOOL. But the problem remains.
Would it possible for you to upload your down zipped Microsoft.NET folder?

There was an update yesterday and look what I found:

Known issues​

This table offers a summary of current active issues and those issues that have been resolved in the last 30 days.

SummaryOriginating updateStatusLast updated

Some .NET Framework 3.5 apps might have issues
Apps using optional components such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) might fail.
OS Build 22000.652
KB5012643
2022-04-25
Resolved2022-07-19
13:54 PT

Back