• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

full screen size

robbertk

Landlubber
im playing with a 17 inch 3840x2160 laptop. when i set on this size (full screen or windowed) the text and compass are to small to see in game.
put it on 1920x1080 full screen its oke but alt tabbing makes the game crash. 1920x1080 windowed makes the game play in a smaller box instead of full screen.

at the moment i just put the computer screen resolution to 1920x1080 before starting the game.
is there a better workaround for this problem?

Unforunately not at this time, it is a known problem at the moment that will be fixed in the future. For now, I would suggest playing in 1920x1080 windowed since the game crashes in full screen when using alt tab.

I've been thinking and a possible solution for now could be to split the resolution settings into window size and rendering resolution, that way you could achieve the same effect as full-screen but using fullscreen windowed mode.

Will have to test it though

I've been thinking and a possible solution for now could be to split the resolution settings into window size and rendering resolution, that way you could achieve the same effect as full-screen but using fullscreen windowed mode.

Will have to test it though
Would be really awesome since I think this is one of the most dissuading mechanic in the game for new players

Back