• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Gaining Rank (GoF 1.2 ) appears to have stopped

Agamemnon74

Powder Monkey
Gaining Rank in GoF 1.2 (seems to have totally stopped) , has anyone else had this happen to them ? I am currently at rank 46 and progress appears to have completely stopped at 11/29 , despite having sunk fleets of large enemy vessels and having taken several forts. I have one officer whose rank is at 50 so I know rank can go higher than 46, is there something I can do to check this?

Without diving into your system game files, there is two things that will give an indication of whether experience is still being gained.
1) You can turn on the experience reporting through the debug menu.
2) If any of your other officers continue to gain rank, then the system is still working fine. The officer at level 50 may have already been there (or close) when you hired him/her.

Remember level growth is highly exponential in CoAS, and also depends on your initial options settings.

I have one character with options settings at the lowest possible experience growth and near hardest difficulty, he is only level 32 even after sinking over 300 ships, and completely half the quests in game.

He may never make it to level 50, unless I keep playing this character for several years!

Last edited:
Back