• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

game cheats badly

<!--quoteo(post=335185:date=Jul 5 2009, 05:21 AM:name=tcp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tcp @ Jul 5 2009, 05:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335185"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can't. I have higher standards than to take whatever is thrown my way like a beggar.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Then what are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be at the better sailing game's forums, praising its devs for a work well done?

I am quite sure a lot of this can be corrected through modding of the game.

I do agree that there are many issues with the game as it stands stock. But for heavens sake this is a far better starting game than the last two attempts were.

And I will say that the russian modding community did a bang up job of fixing many of the issues with the original release of AoP, taking it from a sad, broken down lump of a game and turning it into something worth playing.

We can do the same for this game, make it better and more complete than the original developers ever thought of.

Cap'n Drow

Wha tthe game needs is some sort of leads through the initil stages untill the player can stand on his own. Now there are at least 2 quests which can happen at the very beginning and they mean imminent death. Not to mention zillion of pirates pursuing the tartane etc.
At the same time in the real life the captains at first get licensed for coastal sailing and he has to get lots of practice before it can become a real captain. So most natural for this game is the Hero to start at very limited area of sailing depending on the level of navigation skill. And at the same time there must be some way to practice sworfighting - say at teacher vs payment as it was in the real life too. Now the training is only in the beginning and it is too short; besides at the same training being a real newbie you have no chance against 2 enemies untill you notice the enemy simply cannot go around the mast and proceeds to run at the same place untill you kill the other guy...
Actually this problem is because this game was made by fans which was newbies years ago and they simply cannot remember what the real newbie will fell about such start.

<!--quoteo(post=335186:date=Jul 5 2009, 03:37 AM:name=Sordid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sordid @ Jul 5 2009, 03:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335186"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=335185:date=Jul 5 2009, 05:21 AM:name=tcp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tcp @ Jul 5 2009, 05:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335185"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can't. I have higher standards than to take whatever is thrown my way like a beggar.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Then what are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be at the better sailing game's forums, praising its devs for a work well done?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Because they lurk, and because I want them to know how this customer feels. I can turn that around--why the eff are you stalking my posts on this subject? Why don't you just respond to posts that appeal to you? Did someone appoint you brown-noser guardian? Disagree all you want, there's some argumetns against my post. But don't f**king tell me where I can and can't post unless you own this board.

<!--quoteo(post=335547:date=Jul 6 2009, 04:30 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ Jul 6 2009, 04:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335547"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am quite sure a lot of this can be corrected through modding of the game.

I do agree that there are many issues with the game as it stands stock. But for heavens sake this is a far better starting game than the last two attempts were.

And I will say that the russian modding community did a bang up job of fixing many of the issues with the original release of AoP, taking it from a sad, broken down lump of a game and turning it into something worth playing.

We can do the same for this game, make it better and more complete than the original developers ever thought of.

Cap'n Drow<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At least you're civil. I've continued trying to decipher the game, and there is merit to it. I think that's why I'm frustrated. You know the feeling of the "shoulda been a great game?" experience? Every gamer knows that. I'm having that with this. I want to like it, but it's working overtime trying to make me hate it. And that's the developers fault. I respect the modding community, but with all due respect, that's not your job. It's the job of the people I paid to do this stuff right. It's one of those arguments you either get or you don't, or you either agree with or you don't. The real trick to this game is to essentially save and reload, save and reload to get the randomness that allows you to complete certain objectives. That is by any definition NOT the hallmark of a good game, and you know it, moderator or not. I promise that's the last "bash" I have on it. The dude above keeps hacking me the eff off by sticking his frigging nose in every single posters face like he knows something.

I think your points are valid, just remember at whom you should be directing your frustration. No one moderating/posting actively here that I'm aware of works for seaward or Akella, so directing your anger our way is just going to make enemies for no good reason. I am displeased about several aspects of the game, though with the help of the moderators here I've discovered that I can quite easily fix at least some of them myself with very little effort due to AoP 2 being so easy to modify. I understand your argument about mods to an extent, but since this is a mod forum the work here is geared at fixing problems with the games on a user level. Have you looked at some of the mods to see if they fix any of the problems you have with the game?

<!--quoteo(post=335668:date=Jul 7 2009, 04:45 AM:name=tcp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tcp @ Jul 7 2009, 04:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335668"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Because they lurk, and because I want them to know how this customer feels.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Again, why are you here, then? Shouldn't you be at their forums? Oh, I know why. Because you don't speak a word of Russian, so you stink up this place at least.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can turn that around--why the eff are you stalking my posts on this subject? Why don't you just respond to posts that appeal to you? Did someone appoint you brown-noser guardian? Disagree all you want, there's some argumetns against my post.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh I do respond to posts that appeal to me. Watching you jump up and down in frustration is immensely satisfying.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But don't f**king tell me where I can and can't post unless you own this board.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't recall ever doing that, so I don't see your point. I merely pointed out that you're barking up the wrong tree here. Feel free to continue doing that if that's your thing, just don't expect it to have any results. Guys from Seaward only come here very rarely, AFAIK.

<!--quoteo(post=334604:date=Jul 2 2009, 10:27 PM:name=Nathaniel 'Gallows' Cord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nathaniel 'Gallows' Cord @ Jul 2 2009, 10:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334604"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Using the built-in debug trainer you can turn off rats, which is what I did. I think they're an unrealistic and unwelcome problem. I wouldn't mind it if they were tweaked to only eat foodstuffs and not ridiculous quantities, but as it is now they are pretty much a broken element of the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Their is also this totem called the Ratgod. When ur player holds it rats have no effect on your ship and cargo

Back